Used 2012 FIAT 500 Consumer Reviews - 136 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 FIAT 500 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 500 model:

Don't be fooled by good looks!!!!
By Karen

2012 FIAT 500 Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car because it looked sooooo cool. Looked really great and got lots of compliments but after 7 months, it wouldn't start. Cranked over and over but wouldn't start. Got it towed to the dealership where they couldn't duplicate the problem. Happed 4 more times and the dealership never duplicated and they were told by Fiat corp they couldn't even replace the most likely part or it wouldn't be covered by warranty. It only happened once in front of the mechanics when they told me there was no problem but it wouldn't start to leave the dealership. We even went lemon law but since they couldn't duplicate it under test, Fiat successfully argued the car wasn't diminished in value. Goliath won :(. As a nurse I needed to make it to patients on time, I needed a car I could trust. TRADED IT FOR A CHEVY!!!!!

An economy car but worth owning
By Gary Wayne

2012 FIAT 500 Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

You can't expect too much when you buy an economy car. But the Italian designers put a lot into the Fiat for a reasonable amount of money.

Horrible!!!
By Dissatisfied Customer

2012 FIAT 500 Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with 12,000 miles. At 70,000 miles here is a list of repairs and cost. Headlights went out, cost over $800.00 to repair, had to replace some electrical board. License plate light is out , cost over 300.00 to replace. Manual transmission it is hard to shift. There was a recall still hard to shift. Had to replace the stick shift boot because the base came a part. And, the thing about the stick shift boot is it was replaced with a a very nice high quality boot that I had to pay for. Now at 77,000 miles the left boot is torn another $800.00 plus to replace. I have had more issues with this car but don’t have time to keep going. This car is of poor quality. Everything is put together with plastic clips. My suggestion, find another cute car. Fiat sales are down, and the reason is this car is a piece of junk! Don’t waste your time.

Mr Blue
By Charlie

2012 FIAT 500 Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was a little hesitant on buying this car as to some of the reviews and actually I bought it used but the bottom line is that I love it ! I now have 100,000 miles on it and other than routine maintenance ,oil changes ,tune up etc. It has never let me down ! I travel 50 miles a day to and from work and love the great fuel economy at about 38.5 miles per gallon at about 60 mph ! Also the Bose stereo rocks ! All in all no complaints but thinking of maybe going with the 4 door version if I purchase another .

A Pop of fun
By Giovanni Dennis

2012 FIAT 500 Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I highly recommend the manual version, it's just more fun to drive, better mpg and less wear and tear on the transmission...the Engine is zippy and responsive, the steering light, and the size is tiny! The car weighs 2400 lbs...forget the back seats, it's for kids and small pets lol...first thing I did was an oil change, rear wiper blade and interior cabin filter...