Used 2007 Dodge Nitro Consumer Reviews

Used Nitro for Sale
Select your model:
12345...39

Pros
Cons

Great buy, looks great

nitroftw, 07/15/2012
SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I fell in love with the dodge nitro the second I test drove it. I have since had zero problems for three years, aside from basic maintenance for brake pads and such. Great MPG for the price of the car and the quality of the construction of the vehicle. Feels very sturdy and it is. I think that this is the one car that I actually like from Dodge.

Real Nice Ride and Looks

frank66, 12/06/2006
SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV is an all around awesome vehicle for the money. The other brands (mid size SUV's) I looked at were too cramped for space inside, too common looking, and even boring. The nicest ones were way up there in price, even before you add in options. The Dodge Nitro does everything I need from a SUV and does at a reasonable price.

Nitro Rocks

AceRealtor, 11/08/2006
SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I researched and shopped for a replacement for her Suburban. We have found the perfect solution. The Nitro is absolutely sweet! I like to say it has some "that was nice of you think of" features. For example, the Load-n-Go is way cool for loading groceries. The reclining second row seats are something I always wanted in my previous SUV and now I have it in the Nitro. We got the sunroof with ours and it makes driving this thing big fun! I must admit, it has the typical handling and sway feel of a midsize SUV's but of course, I drive a Vette during the week and I'm used to a very responsive feel. Overall, the Nitro is a total home run for Dodge. We love it!

Great looking body. Car itself is okay

JC, 07/06/2016
SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Mine is a 2007 and purchased it used in 2010 with only 10K miles. Car has been dependable and only big complaint is the braking. It's too soft and spongy. Had it looked at and had brakes replaced and rotors resurfaced. Some wind noise and loud engine noise can be annoying. Loud acceleration and when coming out of a stop. On a stop, feels like it wants to stall but never has. I thought it was because of the RPM being almost to zero. Had that looked at too and they said it was normal. A couple of recalls but nothing major and was taken care of promptly. The last major thing that happened to me a couple of months ago was that the car completely shut off while I was driving. Luckily it happened while I was pulling into a store parking lot. Engine just shut off and steering got hard to turn. Good thing it was not on the road or freeway. Can you imagine?? I was able to pull into a parking spot right away while coasting. Was able to start it right up again and rode straight home praying it would not stall. Next day took it the shop and ended up paying $700 for the part replacement. Rides good but can feel like a couch sometimes. Harsh on bumps. Just happy that it didn't turn out to be a lemon. No repair costs other then the normal maintenance stuff. Space cargo is huge. Interior is simple and plain. No frills there.

Worst car we've ever owned!

Shell, 08/11/2017
SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The car has died!! In OCT 2019 it died on the side of the road. There was a surge of power then a complete power loss. I lost all control to steer and went down into the medium and that was the last time the car was driven. The car had more defects and problems from day 1. Glad it's gone! Our mechanic said the problems with the car are things that would have ended up costing us more to fix than to buy a new car. It is now junked!! The car was bought used 4-2017, the day after we bought it the battery light came on we went to have it diagnosed and they said either battery or alternator so we replaced both to be safe. About a wk later the smell of gas was so strong we hurried home and parked it. We called the dealer and he sent us to his mechanic the mechanic could find nothing wrong with it and said maybe we over filled it and said not to force gas into the tank when the pump stops don't try to round it off to the next dollar. Ok we did it and took a drive and it happened again, this time the smell was so horrible it was coming out of the vents with the ac. We had to ride with the windows open coming through the everglades at temps in the high 90's. The mechanic still can't find anything wrong with the car. The windshield wipers won't shut off once they've been turned, so now when you want to wash the windshield you have to continue your drive with the wipers intermittently coming on. The back passengers door wouldn't open, the key faub doesn't work unless you are standing next to the door pushing the button repeatedly. I usually give up and just unlock the door manually. The faub has a new battery and is still junk. The tailgate pistons have gone 2x on the passenger side in 4 months. I called to find out if the recalls have been taken care of I was told that they were all done. Oh and the directionals don't go down all the way when pressed so it takes a few times to get it to stay down to signal a turn. I absolutely despise this car and can't wait to get rid of it, it is officially the worst car I have ever owned. It's constant fixes, defects, quirks and unreliability are to much for anyone. If we want to go away for a couple of days we have to rent a car for fear of it dying on the side of the road or the ever present possibility of it catching fire since no-one can find the horrific gas smell that fills the car. B

12345...39