Used 2006 Dodge Charger Consumer Reviews - 366 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Dodge Charger

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

As fun to drive as my '70 Roadrunner
By Virgil F. Bowers, Jr

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've never drove a car through the Smokies that I did not have to use the brakes coming down the mountain. It handled great. I could keep right with the a BMW driven by a young person. The Charger is a great car to just drive. Gas mileage on highway 24.9mpg city 17mpg. If you want a quick car and don't want to spend $50,000, buy one.

Handling, braking. How it drives in general.

Better interior and seats. Go back to the old seats Mopar had years ago. They were softer. Put cruise on the steering wheel.

From Cherokee to Charger
By Tulsashag

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

17mpg in town is hard to obtain when something is this much fun to drive. I average something closer to 15 - 16mpg. With 4 doors and a huge trunk, my wife and two small children have plenty of leg room.

Auto-stick and Hemi

Cruise control is in a strange spot.

Return to 1967
By Joe from L.A.

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I wasn't expecting much in buying this car for my daughter. I drive a Porsche GT2 and just thought I was humoring her. But to my surprise, our Charger R/T in Top Banana and fully optioned is fast, comfortable, and handles extremely well given its weight, tire size and price. The looks evoke memories of the late '60s, and there is nothing subtle about this car. It turns heads and evokes friendly smiles. I have not purchased an American car in years, but if Dodge is building such a fine automobile, I have no doubt that the U.S. auto business will flourish. I will upgrade the wheels and put on wider rubber, but other than that needed upgrade, this is a superb automobile.

Muscle-car looks and performance to match. Amazingly nimble handling given its weight and relatively narrow rubber. The Top Banana paint, black decals and black spoiler. Extremely comfortable and supportive front seats. And finally, the rumble of that 350 HP Hemi V-8.

Optional wider ultra-high performance tires, vented discs on the brakes, and a slight diet so it could tip the scales at closer to 3,700 lbs (comparable to the GTO), and finally, an optional 6-speed manual transmission for those of us who like to keep our left foot and right arm busy.

Unhappy owner
By Jake

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased an '06 Daytona and have had excessive rattling/vibration from the trunk lid due to the stock stereo. The car is not fixable by the dealer. I was told all of the Daytona's on the lot have the exact same problem. The power sunroof has an intermittent problem. The car will not smoke the tires as shown in the picture. The hood is a decal,not paint as some of you may have seen wrongly described. My pride of ownership is fading as more problems arise. The car sits because it has lost its appeal to me & the body and paint was damaged by the dealer. 2700 miles are all it has on it.

The car is fun to drive.

Do not show pictures of the Daytona smoking the tires, because it is unable to do so. Make the trunk lid so it doesn't rattle with the stock stereo at half volume.

The Beast
By Jeannie Lopez

2006 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I am a 50 year old mom and have a need for speed. I traded in my Mustang I owned for 5 years for this big beast. My husband had asked me to trade in my car for something more comfortable and has more room for the family, so I looked and looked, fighting the fact I needed something fast and muscle packed. Finally found this beast, and it was love at first sight. The power is so over whelming and so tuff to the human eye, but a soft comfortabe touch in side. The color is pearl black which turns heads everywhere I go. This is a keeper!

425 horses. Too many to list, just about everything in the car I love.

Brake pads make too much dust.