2021 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews

$50,700

Save as much as $401
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Didn't last over 5,000 miles

Bummed out, 05/11/2021
Z71 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 10A)

Broke down on a road trip out of town, undrivable,in a Saturday I made it to a dealer but no mechanic on that day no rental cars available so stuck at a hotel till Monday with my dog. I bought it for multiple state travel but now I learned the engine has defect that will break down over and over even after fixed as I need to drive 3,000 Miles per month for next 3 months, first new Chevy in 37 years of owning buying them never had any issues, so had to buy another car to get on my way for my son's graduation as I couldn't wait for repair to get done ,and can't trust engine in future for any more long distance travel.so I wasted 70,000 do not buy.

It would be a 5 if not for Entertainment System

Daniel, 01/07/2021
LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 10A)

The Suburban is everything we wanted out of a vehicle for our growing family. We love the new independent suspension and the over all look and feel of the Suburban. Now the bad the entertainment system is all based on HDMI plugs I tried everything to get it to work and the only thing that worked was a firestick. That is even shotty if you don't get the WIFI in the vehicle. The headphones they gave us dont connect and we had to take it to a dealer to get them to work and they even had some issues with it. We had to use other bluetooth headphones to work with the system. But alas the cargo area is awesome, the panoramic sun roof is beautiful and the power is exactly what we needed for us!

2021 Suburban Entertainment misses the mark

Marissa, 03/07/2021
LS 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 10A)

I was excited about the rear entertainment system. For a 78k car it misses the mark. The rear entertainment system is terrible. You need to spend another couple hundred bucks for an Apple TV or amazon fire stick set up -which is confusing as the cables are not intuitive. If you have to plug it in so you also have to be sure that you disable the economy start/stop as the stop cuts off power to plug that runs the Apple TV or whatever device you have plugged in in the back. Also advise that you have to plug-in just sits there in the middle and the kids constantly step on it or bump it or bend the cable connector as it’s just sticking out , when they get in and out of the car. It’s not easy to use it and it requires you get a remote with whatever device you purchase. The headsets don’t fit small children. Bluetooth standard headsets take forever to set up correctly and Constantly need trouble shooting. Why can’t they allow sound in the back seat cabin as a last resort!?!? No way that a child under seven-year-old could operate it. And there’s no way to select a movie or operate it from the front passenger seat. The system is a total miss.

Ad
Build Your Suburban
At a Glance:
  • 8 Colors
  • 7 Trims
  • $51,700starting MSRP
See pricing and options on your next Chevrolet
*The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. Click here to see all Chevrolet vehicles' destination freight charges. Some colors are extra cost. See dealer for details.

Engineers gone wild

Juan Baddude, 01/05/2021
Z71 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 10A)

The new model Z71 Suburban is quite nice with a few caveats. First, the engineers decided to redesign the second row seats (captains chairs) to allow for a few inches of sliding fore and aft. Really useless feature and it creates significant issues putting in a decent floor mat in the back. We usually leave the second row seats folded up to allow our big dogs access to the rear but the redesign has these exposed tracks that will do nothing but collect dirt and debris. Too bad they didn’t ask... The vehicle looks and sounds awesome though. Really nice design and aesthetics. Would definitely recommend.

2021 Chevrolet Suburban

C P, 05/05/2021
LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 10A)

I purchased a 2021 Suburban in December My pushrods and lifters on the left side of the engine has to be replaced after 6k miles! My SUV is going on week 2 of being in the shop while awaiting parts! I had 2015 Suburban and had to replace the transmission at 115k and pay $4500 out of pocket! I will never purchase another Chevorlet product in my lifetime! I had to cancel my family vacation to Disney because of this!