Used 2015 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

A/C Condenser
By deamion

2015 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

2015 Chevy suburban LTZ, AC condenser went out on the truck, so no ac, for this newer version suburban...no support from dealership, not from Gm..... therefore, I can't give this vehicle a 5 🌟 rating........ maybe when Gm do a recall to fix this problem, my view will change, until then...be safe and careful when choosing the GM brand.

Worst vehicle I have ever owned
By D. Solomon

2015 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Chevy knows the A/C condesors are defective but refused any warranty when ours cracked at 51K miles. $74K and i get two years out of the A/C? They wanted $1800 to repair it (got it fixed for $800). My 1999 Expedition that this junk replaced still has A/C with 188K miles on it. The haptic sensors in the drivers seat do not work. The second row blue ray screen does not work (the third row one still wolrks for now). The wireless charger does not work. The exterior trim pieces on the door (verticle ones behind windows) all came off (fixed those with a little two-part epoxy). The transmission shifts hard occasionally and is slyuggish. The rear cargo area is terrible unless you like that it is angled so stuff constantly falls out when you open the rear. The fourth time i opened the sunroof it tore the baffle that seals the sides when you tilt glass up. Dealer said it was out of warranty. This is my 15th vehicle and my first, and last, Chevrolet product. It tows my trailer wonderfully and the 12 speaker Bose stereo sounds nice except when trying to listen to Sirrius as the satelite reception is awful. Total disappointment.

Lots of little. Things wrong
By Janet D.

2015 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Our a.c. just exploded, literally. We have had to take it in to have the seatbelt fixed 3 times, our console latch broke, the radio does not pause any longer, the 2 plastic inserts on the interior roof which attach seatbelt and the other that covers the a.c. vent are both broken and the battery died at 40k miles although it is a 60k mile battery and dealership wouldn't cover it. We do not have young kids and we are not rough on our car. Our other car is a Lexus and we never have these issues.

So far so good
By John P.

2015 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

So far, so good

Cheaply made, Beautiful looking
By mama4x4

2015 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I fell into the trap of having to have the new model Suburban LTZ when it came out. I made a huge mistake. every 6 months we have had to bring it to the dealership for repairs on things that CHevrolet has just decided to cut corners on. our roof has leaked 2x. once in warranty, then again out of warranty and we had to BEG for them to cover it because obviously there was a shoddy first repair. the second time was so bad we had to get a new headliner, which they did pay for out of pocket. our first 6 months of driving in 95 degree weather in so cal with 3 kids in the back, our AC just gave out. Took it to the dealership and it was a cracked AC line! the mechanic told us that basically GM buys cheap parts and factors in the failure rate as part of the buying process, knowing they will have to replace a certain percentage. Once in a while my automatic extending running boards decide to not come out, my backup camera will cut out intermittently, and my drivers seat does the easy acces thing where it pushes the seat ALL THE WAY BACK even though I have that feature turned off. Then for about a month, it wont. I also had to already have the weather stripping replaced on both front windows because they started peeling up. Now I'm at my final straw, I'm driving on the highway and my passenger fron door B Pillar modling popped off and started flapping gloriously in the wind. We have the best looking vehicle on the road, but I had to pull over, tie a rope around my b pillar and continue the drive. on a 2015 BURB! The car looks pretty, rides OK, I adore the remote start, 4 heated seats, heated steering wheel, 2 dvd screens and leather seats but I'm now looking to get this curse off my hands. I had to write this review because there are so many positive reviews, it seems unfair to not let the buyer beware. don't make the same $60 mistake. Please.