Used 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Garbage truck
By Rex

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Crew Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

2016 crew cab 4x4. Now has 32k miles on it. This pos has spent more time at the dealership than in my driveway. Tranny shifts terrible. Chevy shake. Airbag issues . clunky tranny, lopy idle. I wanted to buy American made but Chevy is garbage and so are there dealerships. No solution to the issues, just the same old song and dance. Never again Chevy! I tell everyone I talk too, do not waste your hard earned money. TOYOTA POWER from here on out!

I'd Buy Another.
By Jay Smith

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the Silverado Work Truck new off the dealer about a year and a half ago-- 4.3L V6, white, as basic as they come. The only option on it is the tow package. I got a good deal because it was a lone leftover of the last model years stock, even though as far as I know it's identical to the next year model. It is everything you need it to be. There's plenty of power for daily driving, reasonable fuel economy, totally decent ride and handling for a leaf-sprung pickup. This truck has not let me down (unlike my previous vehicle from a competing domestic brand). Interior is dead simple but functional and even the base model has a couple of nice included features like cruise control that you wouldn't expect on this trim level, especially when you're still rolling up your windows by hand. I find these trucks a tad expensive for what they are but I can't argue with the fact that it delivers day in and day out and has never given me a single moment to doubt that it would.

Most attractive truck in it's class!!
By Jon Oldens

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Custom 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

First off my package was not listed here. I have the Custom which comes with extended cab 4x4 5.3 6spd. If it was not for the sloppy transmission, I would have rated this truck a 5 star. I had owned a 2010 Silverado LS 4.8 4x4 prior and loved the truck besides the lack of power and gears on the highway. I live in western Pennsylvania, so both are a must to power through hilly roads. Power is excellent 300 ft/lb torque at 2k rpm and has great passing power when asked during my trips to pittsburgh route 28. WIth the custom package you get the color matched bumpers which I personally feel is the most attractive option. Just aesthetically pleasing. You also get the 20 inch chrome clad wheels larger radio screen, auto lock heavy duty rear-end also improved towing capacity 9200lbs, trans cooler etc. Read the options carefully before purchase. i did not know until I signed the paperwork that the truck does not come with key-less entry(lol). Standard in just about anything you purchase these days. This was easily remedied with an aftermarket remote start start. Back to the shifting issues. Most noticeable during in town driving. the transmission just doesn't know what gear it wants to be in. Real sloppy slowing down then accelerating. From what I read the dealerships are blaiming the adaptive transmission and stating that it should learn it self smooth. Not the case after 5k of driving mine. You have to be the one to adapt with throttle position. The other option is to put it into tow mode which will hang on to the gears longer. If it bothers you enough there is available in the aftermarket controllers that can tune the transmission shift-points. Over-all I am very pleased with the truck. It's comfortable enough for a daily driver and more then capable for hauling. I had towed a car and hauled 4k lbs worth of retaining wall block and she handled it effortlessly. My average fuel economy has been an honest 20mpg. I life 20 miles north of pittsburgh and work in the city so if you are familiar with the area there is a lot of highway and a lot of stop and go traffic. I had also driven the truck to South Carolina, I averaged 22mpg. Aside from the significantly improved power, MPG and styling the truck comes with an armrest compartment and eyeglass holder, which seems silly but big deal for me. Over-all excellent truck!!

Too much for what you get
By Jimmy

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 8A)

My biggest beef is the lag at what appears to be 1st to 2nd. It is dramatic. When I want acceleration I want it immediately, not in the full second it takes this truck to decide if I am serious or not. More often than not I end up sending the RPMs into 5 or 6 thousand as it finally kicks in. It is probably going to result in a blown gasket at just the wrong time. I wish the dealership did not try to screw me so bad on the crew cab. I would have like that rather than the double or full-size or whatever the term is. But another $7K was just not worth it. As it is I paid $43K new. I already have 65K miles. It is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned. The displays for the dash are not user friendly. You have to flip through multiple useless screens on multiple setting to find what you are looking for.....confusing. No GPS navigation was surprising. All that tech and no GPS available. Almost made me walk. I say now that I will not buy another Silverado, but if they fix these issues, then maybe I will look at them again.

👍
By Jon

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Great truck