Used 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 105 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

They Should Still Make Tricks Like This
By Tim

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab LS 2WD LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

While the new Chevy motors have myriad issues with the AFM and excessive oil consumption, and Ford had their cam phaser issues, the old Chevy 4.3 just keeps running and running. It may be low tech, but it gets reasonable gas mileage and is very reliable and what more could you ask for in a truck?

Great truck!
By Carl Shepard Jr.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab LS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Got it used, have had it for almost a year. I've only put about 6k miles on it. So far so good. Only fault that I have are 2 things. The seats set down too low. It feels as if your in a great big truck while driving making it hard to judge the front. I think the torsion bars are wore plum out bc when I turn wheels & hit bumps it sounds as if it's gonna fall apart. I'm a mechanic so everything else is sound. But hey, with 226,000 miles can't really complain. I'd say in its day it was a top of the line truck. Good power. Transmission shifts flawlessly. I'm gonna see if I can get 300,000 on it. Lol. Update: it’s been a few months since my review. I changed the torsion bars bushings & it seemed to fix the problem. Now when I make turns it’s like a normal truck. I’ve had a few problems with rusted out shock mount on the rear but I got all that lined out as well. Overall, one of the best trucks I’ve ever owned. Dependable, rides good, 4x4 works like it should, good power, handles good. Can’t really complain seeing that it’s got 235,000 miles now!

exceptional
By James Goga

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Vehicle used as passenger vehicle not a truck. Has padded bed with cap covering

230k of daily reliabily!
By james Farrell

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 2WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Drove this truck off the lot with 17 miles on the ODO, 14 years ago. 230 k miles later I would drive it across the country without hesitation. I have towed and towed with this truck...probably 85k....towed items heavier than the truck mostly. MOBIL1 syn oil from 1000 miles on...it makes a difference. Only negative comment is weak transmissions, a GM hallmark in my ownership of many GM vehicles, this one was not an exception...you geto 100k or so out of a trans. Other than that...GREAT TRUCK.

Cracked heads
By Willie

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Spent 3,000 to replace cracked heads, they should have been a recall on this, for shame Chevy. 6