Used 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews - 83 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

The Worst Monte Carlo Poorly Built
By lbuckland

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This was the 2nd monte carlo I purchase and believe me the worst. Problems first started 100 miles over warranty. Car would not shift into gear. Took to Chev was charged for a new ignition. Few months later same problem took to another shop told it was shifter cable. Pd again. About a yr later same problem. Next was the dash it started coming apart. Next, ac went out which happened with both monte carlos at 6 yrs. Well, now it is the transmission. As for the car not shifting if was the shifter when you would try and push button down to put in gear it would not go but would do it randomly. Finally, I figured out after so many times of paying it was mainly in the winter. Well, needless to say.

Size and body style

Very cheap made.

Used
By allisonmarie13

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 2dr Coupe w/3LT (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my car at a dealership for $1,200 off the sticker price; I walked out paying $6,000 even for everything, including the plate. The car had over 100,000 miles on it, but they were high way miles, so the car is still in EXCELLENT condition. Although it has a high amount of high way miles, it still runs like it's brand new. The car is in perfect condition, exterior and interior. I have been driving it for almost a year and the only problem I've had is an obnoxious clicking that seems to be related to the air vents. Other than that, it is a WONDERFUL car.

Steering wheel controls, cruise control, automatic windows, dash controls/dash, aux input, trunk space, seats (I'm not a fan of leather), wide range of seat adjustments, etc.

Bigger cup holders

Practical Coupe
By jctuning

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Very practical.
Large trunk, has great fuel economy.
Sat in the back for 200 miles down to South Dakota and it was very comfortable.
Wish I had the leather seat option though.
Front wheel drive is great in the winter.
Throw on some Conti Pro Contacts and I can go through 9 inches of snow with no problems on the unplowed roads.
I do all my own matinence since I work at a shop which helps keep my costs down.

The look on the guys faces who drive Mini-vans and Kia souls when I pull up next to them with the rumble from the Magnaflow muffler, and custom cold air intake combo.

Out of production but whatever, STICK SHIFT plain and simple. Better build quality on nickel and dime items like wheel bearings, tie rods, EVAP canister, water pump, brakes, and a few other parts. Not a problem to replace since I am a mechanic but it can really add up if you are unable to perform the repairs yourself.

I love this car can't stay out of it
By jered90

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car i bought mine is may of 2011 for my birthday it had 106,000 miles on it and now it has 109,290 this one of the best car i have ever own it has lots of room and is so smooth for anybody wanting to buy one GET IT it is a dark grey with the grey hubcaps love it.

How quick it take off and how smooth it is.

A digital dashboard would be nice.

Qalking
By alan

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my monte ss brand new in 06. Was very disappointed today when transmission went out at only 70,000 miles. Made me think I was driving a dodge. That's 3000 dollars I wasn't ready to spend.