Used 2016 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

I hated my equinox
By Dakota James Dumontier

2016 Chevrolet Equinox L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I’ve had my car for barely over 2 years yes it’s been a rough 2 years but literally at just below 50,000 the transmission goes out while I’m at work. As well as the manual mode and everything electronic is going out not recommended to buy this

My car
By Bob

2016 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Gas mileage in city not as advertised.

Something Smells
By Something Smells

2016 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My Equinox has been to the dealership three times for the same problem: Fuel Odor in the Cabin of the vehicle! The dealership has been very accommodating; however, I live 130 miles round-trip from the dealership and those are miles that are taken away from my warranty. The odor is sporadic; however, I have an 11-month old grandchild that I transport on occasion and I don't want her (or anyone) to be exposed to the odor of raw gasoline!! They have yet to replicate it; however, within five miles from leaving the dealership I had to make an abrupt stop and the cabin filled with the odor of gasoline! HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM??? HAS IT BEEN CORRECTED??? HELP PLEASE!!!

no cd
By keith sheller

2016 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We got this car (2016 Equinox) and THEN discovered no CD. We have loads of music we want to play. I found out it would cost $1000 to fix it. What the heck is that about? All the crap on the screen and way too many options and controls that are not intuitive at all. On longer trips, I take my older car. It has all I want in comfort and electrics. I took a trip in a 2005 Impala and it has a CD - it still works great. The things can't cost Chevy 15 dollars. They should put NO CD on the window in large letters. Bah Humbug. This might be the end of our 60 years loyalty with General Motors. I stopped in at Toyota dealer and checked out a new Camry. They still have a CD player. GM cut a fat hog in the butt when they did this cheap stunt.

No more mini van!
By Carla

2016 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I feel safe in my Equinox! It feels solid, handles great and has enough airbags that God forbid we need them, we should be surrounded. The front seats adjust so well anyone could drive comfortably. I highly recommend it.