Used 2013 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 63 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

reliable vehicle
By mike ward

2013 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

operated 5 plus years with oil changes on schedule and one set of tires. a good performer. i drove several long trips with the balance of miles being city driving. roomy and comfortable seating. just be mindful of the 4 cylinder when driving mountains or passing other vehicles.

Oil consumption/ electronic problems. . Again
By Jeff

2013 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought equinox because it was an suv we thought would work well for us(122 on the miles then, now has 141 ) It did fine for a while but one day traveling from Indianapolis to Florida, I noticed there is a ticking on the top of the engine. I am Mechanically inclined, mind you. First thing I did was check the oil level. It was 2 quarts low! This concern me, so I kept checking and later realize the engine was eating oil. I guess this is a common problem with the 2.4 engine. I went from the factory recommended 5w30 to 10-40 and tha helped, but didn’t stop oil consumption. Then there was a series of political problems. And trust me I know what where parts are. Battery, starter, fan inside the cab, and now a code comes up about the stability control, which has led to the vehicle not running at all. All this within three months. It’s funny I had similar problems to the 2010 Chevy Malibu I had before the equinox. Will be the last GM product I buy for quite some time. Toyota? Nissan? Anything but a GM product.

Run Run far and fast
By Randy Bolley

2013 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

2013 equinox 61300 miles, PCV valve frozen which blew the rear main engine seal close to a 4000 dollar repair, GM has a TSB 14882 for this known issue only to be told that my vin number is not included, a quick check of the web you will find hundreds upon hundreds of any GM vehicle with the 2.4 lTR engine with this same issue and GM is telling everyone their vins are not included in this TSB. do your research because your on your own GM cares when you first by it until they find there are issues then they could care less. excuse after excuse from numerous GM Reps. but they can not tell me what the difference between the vin numbers covered and the ones that are not, Piss poor engine design, and no accountability by this corporation that we the people had to bail out.

4 problems in three months
By Mike t

Wipers,alternator,ac compressor

We will never own a GM product after this car!
By Kay

2013 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car has been a complete and total nightmare! We have owned it just under 3 years and the repairs on this car has totaled $8,000+ and climbing as soon as it hit 100,000 miles. Burning through oil, which caused a cascade of wear and tear on the engine eventually equaling an engine swap, and then in the shop three more times after that. Chevy knows of the issues with this engine burning through oil but they haven't issued a recall. The engine in this car is also really noisy to begin with, and the computer/tech in this car is glitchy! Before we had the issues with the engine burning oil it would completely die when coming to a stop, which is dangerous with little kids in the car! Worst investment we've ever made and we will never own a Chevy again!