Used 2013 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Oil Burner
By woz

2013 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After 3 years, burns oil repeatedly. Dealership says it is allowed to burn 3/4 Qt. every 1000 miles. If you do not check your oil every 1000 miles you will you will damage your engine period. You cannot see oil in the exhaust and you will have no oil leaks underneath that you can see. No engine light will come when it is low. Worst engineered car I have seen in my 45yrs of driving new cars.

Love That Equinox
By Michael Miles

2013 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Excellent value for the money. All the features of a more expensive SUV. Low maintenance cost. Quality holds up over the years.

Don't do it
By Julie

2013 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought this car new in oct 2012. No major issues for a few years, standard basic repairs, except the wiper recall. Then, at about 3 years (100,000 miles) it started lurching at stop lights, we started noticing the oil was always low, filling it weekly, even though we were only driving 200 miles/week at that point. At exactly our last car payment (5 years) the timing chain broke and destroyed the engine. The dealership only offered us $500 trade-in. Chevy does not stand behind their vehicles. They know about this issue and have offered little help. I understand that they have revamped the 2018, but too little, too late. This car is junk even with regular maintenance. I'll never get another chevy.

Surprised at how much I like this SUV
By HoosierLady

2013 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Wasn't real sure what to expect when I bought this 2013 Equinox as a used vehicle three years ago. I have been pleasantly surprised. Purchased from a local Chevy dealership at a good price where they allow you to take the vehicle home over the weekend and drive it to see if you really like it. I did and still do. Have had no mechanical problems or repairs other than replacing a celenoid (sp?). This SUV is sooo comfortable with the big seats and leg room, especially in the back seat. Plenty of storage when the back seat is folded down; however, I don't like that the back seat doesn't fold down completely flat. That's actually my only complaint about this 2013 model, but I do believe they have fixed this on newer versions. I'm a lady and like the 4 cylinder engine that makes it great on gas--I don't need any more pick up than what the 4c gives me so I'm happy. It's got a decent-sounding stereo/DVD player, don't use the Bluetooth or Sirius options. I put new tires on it when I purchased it and keep the oil changed regularly. Have been very happy with this SUV.

My 2013 Equinox
By Tiger Little

2013 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a new Chevrolet Equinox in May 2013. Now it got more than 70000 mi. It run great so far.