Used 2014 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

Worst car ever
By Jennifer-highly upset customer

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Purchased this car brand new in March 2014. With the first month engine light came on and there was a problem with the diesel system since then I have had to take this in 10 more times all with issues with the diesel exhaust system. Car no longer under warranty the last time it cost me over $1700 For repairs. Waiting at dealership now for same problem. Dealership is making pay for a engine diagnostic test another $120 down the drain. Call Chevrolet Customer Service again waiting for a call but not expecting much just like last time I called.

Run from this car
By K. Evans

2014 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I’ve owned a 2014 Chevy Cruze for 4 years. The first 2 years were great but it is all downhill from there. My sister purchased her Chevy Cruze just 2 months before me and it’s almost like the car is wired to have issues on a timeline. Every issue she has had (which are many), I have experience almost exactly 2 months later. This car has been nothing but a source of stress and a place to throw away money for the last 2 years. In recent months, it seems the check engine light is on more often than not. One might assume it is the same issue which does not get fixed but that person would be wrong. Each check engine code is for a different, unrelated issue. At this point, I am struggling to simply get the check engine light off long enough to trade it in. This is not a car built to last more than a couple of years - seriously, you won’t even get it paid off before you get tired of throwing your money into it. On top of that, any issue under warranty, requiring the dealership to fix it, has been even more of a headache. Every Chevy dealer I’ve been to with a warranty issue has given me the run around, holding my car hostage for weeks while they “wait for parts.” Well, makes sense they don’t have the parts when every 2014 Cruze has the same issue at the same time. But on top of the long waits for warranty issues to he resolved, Chevy service departments have been rude or non-communicative at best. Do not buy a Chevy Cruze. I would recommend staying away from Chevy all together but I do not have first hand experience with any other model so maybe that isn’t fair. Either way, do not buy this car. Do not buy this car. Do not buy this car. I cannot say it enough. You will regret buying this car.

A Diesel costs much more to maintain
By David J. Duffy

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

The main headache has been the diesel emissions fluid system. I've had two major repairs on this system. Specialized parts and the car being down for three to four days. It also takes expensive oil and trans fluid. The trans is also story by itself. GM considers it a sealed unit for life and stocks no parts for it. I only found one dealer in a city with five that would change the fliud. These are money pits, better unloaded on some unsuspecting person. I would also avoid any new diesel GM has to offer

Never again!
By cruzeownernomore

2014 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Everyone we talked to before we bought the Cruze, loved their Cruze. Once we started to complain about issues we were having, we realized that everyone else had had weird, quirky things with their Cruze's as well. We bought the car at 17k miles. Almost immediately we had issues with the electronics, the compatibility with our phones, back up camera getting stuck...mainly minor nuisances. Soon after we started having the check engine light come on frequently. I would say in the two years we had it the check engine light would come on every six months. Thank goodness the dealership we dealt with had a great service department! Usually everything was covered under warranty. There were so many issues....they ended up warranting an entire new engine at 37k miles. We had cadalidic converter issues, cylinder head issues, skipping issues, gasket issues....you name it! Like I said, the check engine light would come on about every six months with a new issue. The last straw was when, without warning, I came out after only 15 minutes shut off to a dead battery. We replaced the battery and it has been fine, however, I'm not trusting that it's not a recharging issue. So we are getting ride of this POS while it is still under warranty and the getting is good. NEVER would i recommend this car to anyone!

Delete the emissions and tune it!
By Ben Walker

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Sweet 200 hp and 400 lbs ft at the wheels don’t be a sheep the EPA is a lie.