Used 2014 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews - 79 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

Buyer Beware!!!!
By Mrose

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought this car with only 37,000 miles first week of driving broke down on me 3 times!!!! Check engine light cam on (Engine power reduced) took to a certified Chevrolet garage they ran a diagnostic test, 6 codes came up all sensor related!!!! Very dangerous !!!!!

If you are commuting a long way thy his is the car
By Kevin

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

For anyone doing 100 miles of commuting a day, I can't think of a better car. Regularly achieved 60 mpg on the highway with the low resistance Goodyear tires. At 65,000 I put a set of Michelins on the car which helped the handling but reduced my mpg by about 10 mpg. This is no Cadillac, but the leather interior and electronics make this a very comfortable car to be in for 2 plus hours a day. The diesel has plenty of torque which makes mergging at highway speeds a non issue. I have only had 3 problems in 4 years and they were all recall items.

One of the best cars I ever owned
By Diggie

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

This car has been one of the best card Ive owned--I drive 60,000 miles a yr -my 2014 chevy cruze 198,000 miles. I bought when it had 18k on it. Never has been in the shop other than recalls. The car still has orignal brakes. My friend has one with over 300k this engines are great. Im averaging about 50mpg . Look I read all the bs from the other articles diesel are exepensive to maintain as with any diesel such as oil changes, timing belt, battery etc etc. Car has plently of power even at 198,000. I would buy another any day any time

3 year owner 2LT RS
By Rick

2014 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car in 2015. It had been a rental. It had about 18k miles when I bought it. The first couple of months I had a couple small items fixed under warranty. One other small repair just recently about $150. Other than that, it has been a very trustworthy car with good fuel economy. I'm not completely in love with this car but it is an acceptable ride and I plan to keep it a while since it will be paid off in a couple years. Hopefully I won't have some of the issues I've ready about.

Worst car ever
By Jennifer-highly upset customer

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Purchased this car brand new in March 2014. With the first month engine light came on and there was a problem with the diesel system since then I have had to take this in 10 more times all with issues with the diesel exhaust system. Car no longer under warranty the last time it cost me over $1700 For repairs. Waiting at dealership now for same problem. Dealership is making pay for a engine diagnostic test another $120 down the drain. Call Chevrolet Customer Service again waiting for a call but not expecting much just like last time I called.