Used 2014 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews

Used Cruze for Sale
Select your model:
12345...23

Pros
Cons

It exceeds the expectations I had.

Carl Arellano, 07/27/2015
Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I drive 63 miles one way to work, flat and mostly freeway, in Kern County, CA. 41 miles per gallon average overall at 35000 miles in 11 months. The car gets over 50 mpg on flat freeway at 70 mph. If you drop to 55 mph, you can exceed 60 mpg. The car has been perfect to this date. Fantastic power in acceleration; can really move to pass or to accelerate to freeway speed. I have driven it on I 5 over the Grapevine several time, it moves with the air conditioner on high with no problems and holds speed on cruise control going up hill on the Grapevine without any problems. Great looking car. An easy parking car. Only problem. my daughter broke the passenger side vanity mirror cover, otherwise a car that met all of my expectations, especially for fuel mileage since I am putting on about 40 k a year. Update at 92000 miles; the car continues to get great mileage- 46.7 mpg on a 2200 mile round trip to Boulder Co. Also, still great power for passing or coming on to a freeway. At near 92750 miles had a very light coolant leak. Dealership said it was the water pump, covered under the extended warranty. However, for 28 days they could not get a replacement water pump. 28 days!!! GM has to spare up for simple things like a water pump. What would have happened if the water pump went out on a trip? Wait for a month for car repair? Other than that, the car still runs reliably, now at 97000+ miles. Update at 100,000 miles: a programmed message comes on to change the timing chain. It is a belt, not a chain. I was surprised because I had no prior inkling this was going to occur. I called the local Chevrolet dealer and asked for a price estimate; $4500!. I think they gave me a phony estimate, because this belt is external to the engine. I haven't changed it yet, but I will do the work myself. The car is still running great; great power, mileage in the 46 mpg range on the highway. Update 130,000 miles. The car continues to perform well, both in power and mileage. For a 6 year old car, at this point, it has performed very well.

15,000 mile review

jaycro, 06/02/2015
Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

The Cruze diesel is amazing! Highway fuel mileage is over 50mpg if you drive at 70mph. Good acceleration,decent handling and ride qualities combined with nice leather interior are hard to beat in its class After 15.000 completely trouble free miles it has only been back to my dealer for free oil service and tire rotation

Learn how to drive a manual

tacitus7, 10/26/2013
Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This month I purchased a gas Cruze Eco with the six speed manual. I just filled up the tank and checked the gas mileage. I got 39 mpg! That was all around driving, although the majority was highway. Then I drove 98 miles all highway at 62 mph, twice aggressively passing and negotiating some hills. I filled up and it only took 2 gallons! 49 mpg! I am very happy so far. It handles well and isn't underpowered. My 2004 impala 3.8 which I traded in for this had a better ride and more passing power, but I don't think I lost much in these areas. I am very happy. My advice: learn how to use a manual:>)

What a Car!!!!

cruzeowner2, 09/18/2013
Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Since I purchased the 2014 Cruze Turbo Diesel I have been getting outstanding hwy mileage such as the last trip I made was for 523 miles and my average at 70 miles per hour was 49.5 MPG. The car has plenty of get up and go in fact I must be careful as it can get too fast too quick. The Cruze is very comfortable with plenty of headroom and great foot space to stretch out. I was concerned with the power needed to climb the hills but was pleasantly surprised when the Cruze really didn't have to strain much at all. I highly recommend the Cruze Turbo Diesel to anyone wanting to drive green.

Hands down-- Great car

njadz, 05/03/2014
1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Over the past 10 years have driven the Mazda 3, and some assorted european models overseas. Test drove the Focus and the Cruze this go-round and like the Handling is superb, shifting (manual) is a breeze -- lot's of getup and go with the turbo.... great gas mileage. Recommend getting some blind spot sticker mirrors for your side mirrors if you do a lot of city driving... they only cost 99 cents and help out a lot as the side mirrors aren't as big as the focus. Pros: No road noise even at highway speeds. 5 star safety (10 airbags). Comfortable, smooth ride all around (if you don't believe it read kelly blue book review). CONS: Brakes are not as tight as Ford. immediately.

12345...23