Used 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews - 121 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

a lot of car for not a lot of money
By jeff

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

this engine is known for timing chain breakage, replace it early to save yourself a ton of headache and extra cost

My first brand new car
By Judy

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new I have taken good care of it ,it is ok driving local , but a long trip not so comfortable. I LOVE MY CAR
What I love most the mileage l love the style the 2008 in my opinion is the best looking.

Super Bee Colbolt
By Matthew

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My Cobolt is a Canarie yellow 2008 sport with 162.000 miles on it and in mint condition..Stickers from the factory are still on car frame..It is a five speed standard..My entire life I have owned muscle cars but I will tell you that this car will do what u want it to without any complaints..Regular maintenance is the key ..All I have had to replace are brake pads and 1 clutch..Yeah in some models there have been some upsets but if you can grab a 2008 sport 5 speed..Take it

Great reliability, fun to drive
By John Delmonte

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The Cobalt is a winner if you are looking for reliability and low maintenance cost. It runs very quiet and his extremely dependable. The interior back seat is a little small but the room up front good. Large trunk and easy access to the engine compartment make it easy to work on. Very impressed with the overall reliability, low cost of maintenance, low cost for repairs, 20-25 mpg. A basic car with five star value.

Pizza crap! We were wrong!!!
By Kathy Chapel

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

When the cobalt was new we had FOB and computer lock up problems, now that we worked through that early on, it's been great! Best attribute ? The deep , big, trunk!!! It's great!!!