Used 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews - 153 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Totally inferior product
By dan-o

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've never owned a GM product, and based on this purchase, I never will again. At 45K miles, the dash panels are coming apart, rattling, & squeaking. Annoying squeaking has developed in the front suspension, and a disconcerting grinding noise is coming from the engine compartment at startup. I found a gap between the interior roof liner and the door edge that I can fit my finger through. What a disappointing example of American auto manufacturing. I'm going to sell it, get a Honda, and not feel one bit of sorrow for GM's current troubles.

None.

Haphazard build quality at GM needs to be eliminated in order for the brand to survive. Consumers do not need to put up with this kind of subpar product when there are so many other good choices out there.

Very Crude
By 351M

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car about a month ago and have put 2000Km on it in that time, it had 64,000Km on it when I bought it. In that time, it sounds like a wheel is loose when I use the brakes, the trans seems way too low geared as well. Road and intake noise is really bad, the muffler broke apart inside, and the stock sound system is junk. The power isn't bad (2200 OHC 5 speed) I personally think my Lada Nivas are better built and more reliable vehicles, fun to drive factor is better as well. The Cobalt is definitely a better car but also with them the handling gose out the window at highway speeds.

Power trunk release.

These cars need the 3100 SFI V6 with a 5 speed, and better sound deadening. The other BIG thing is the the radio, what a joke. GM needs to get back into the '82-96 A-body type quality, at least you could rely on those cars.

Good Car!
By Robert

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I was worried that my car would be a poor choice with all of the poor reviews from consumer reports, but the price was affordable so I got it. This car has been great! Good gas mileage 34mpg avg., never has given me a single problem. Other than styling, I would recommend this car to anyone.

Reliability, gas mileage

Styling, inside and out

Nice little economy car
By ron

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. Have 22,000 km on and have done 4 oil changes. That is all I have spent on this car. Would recomend it to anyone

Fuel economy and no repairs

Not a bad little car
By getelimi

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is our 3rd Cavalier. After drivivng it for 3 years, so far so good. The only problem is the AC stopped working 800 miles past the warranty. The dealer covered the parts, but we paid for labor- wasn't happy about that. Drove it to Florida 1300 miles, and it was very noisy on concrete highways, and in one instance the car would not start until I jiggled the shifter. I liked our '86 the best, and drove it 109,000 miles with no repairs.

Handles well, great gas mileage, $3000 instant rebate. low price.