2018 Chevrolet Bolt EV Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Chevrolet Bolt EV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bolt EV model:

A Great Electric that is Affordable
By Pete M

2018 Chevrolet Bolt EV LT 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

I worked on electric cars when an engineering student in the early 1970s. and have since wondered whether I would ever be able to purchase a practical electric car in my lifetime. Well, now I have! The Bolt has great performance and my mileage/range has been at or above that advertised despite being in a vey hilly part of the country (Western PA). Many reviews have criticized the interior but I think it is fine despite being only the LT trim and my wife thinks it is quite comfortable and attractive. Others who have ridden in the car think it is plenty attractive and comfortable as well. A $60K Cadillac or Mercedes? No, but just fine for good comfortable transportation. Air conditioning on reduces the range about 10%. Have not had to use heat much yet since obtaining this in early April. Reviews I have read suggest about a 1/3 reduction in range on cold winter days. Despite being very environmentally proactive I would never have spent what a Tesla costs. The Bolt is the first reasonably priced, long range (240 mi+) and great performance EV. I had 190K great miles in a Prius over a ten year period. Looking forward to a similar great run with my Bolt.

An amazing car..not typical GM product.
By Phil Atomic

2018 Chevrolet Bolt EV LT 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

Have owned this car for a year and have 40,000 miles on the clock. Car has had zero issues. Battery shows no degredation. Cost to operate is absurdly low. Cheaper to own than a regular Camry when you consider no maintenance cost and gas difference vs electricity. Range is a non issue unlike the leaf. Consider that first real maintenance on this car is at 150,000 miles! Add up all a gas car costs in maintenance to get to 150,000 compared to the Bolt and the higher initial cost of the Bolt quickly disappears. Then add the difference in operating costs (gas vs elec.) and the Bolt is clearly cheaper. $7,500 tax credit + $2,500 state credit makes a great difference in cost. Even if i had no tax credit, I would buy this car again.

Ideal car
By Raidervv

2018 Chevrolet Bolt EV Premier 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

Why doesn’t everyone own one of these? Value, performance, design, comfort. A great car in every way.

Volt to Bolt
By Alan Gilreath

2018 Chevrolet Bolt EV Premier 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

Range is excellent. I drove a 2013 Volt for 6 years and hated to give it up at 135k miles but the lure of all electric won out.

My 2018 Bolt gives no range anxiety whatsoever. I did a weekend trip to San Diego which was 178 miles down there and the battery indicator said I had 98 miles left. After a full charge the next day came home and still had 82 miles remaining after a much more uphill drive.

My daily round trip to work is 108 miles and I get to charge on 110 while there. Never using more than 12 kw in either direction.

Great technology. Seats aren’t the most comfortable I’ve sat in but nowhere near what all of the naysayers are saying. Interior is very nice for a great commuter car.

Quick, comfortable and stylish and a good quality build. I love driving by the gas stations with varying daily prices and laugh. My car is loaded and is a blast to drive. It has so many driving features that make my long commute enjoyable

Great Vehicle and the biggest selling point was my excellent experience with my ‘13 Volt. Low cost to maintain.

Chevy Bolt is fun and easy
By M Griffin

2018 Chevrolet Bolt EV Premier 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

This is a great compact commuter car. The ride is comfortable and the controls are intuitive. It feels awesome to never have to stop for gas or change the oil. With a level two charger, you just plug at night and it is ready for action the next morning. An electric vehicle without sacrifice!