Used 2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews

Used Avalanche for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...24

Pros
Cons

ulitmate vehicle - Best of both worlds

blp, 05/31/2005
1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck/suv has it all. You can lock items in the back with the rigid cover like an SUV. You can take it off and haul items in the bed. You can extend the bed into the cab of the truck. It is much more versatile than the standard truck.

After one year

John Rogers, 06/11/2005
1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My Avalanche is the first full size truck I've ever owned after 25 years of driving. I bought it for its versatility, towing capacity and styling. The truck has not disappointed after 16,000 miles. Gas mileage in congested Dallas, with a lot of stop and go traffic everywhere, has averaged a little over 15 MPG. I like the ride and handling of the vehicle and it's really very comfortable as a daily driver. The only build quality problems I've had are with the body side molding which developed adhesive bubbles that required replacement of all door moldings after one year. I would never buy a just a pick-up. The versatility of a luxury vehicle with the ability to tow and haul is great!

2005 Avalanche

unhappy chevy owner, 02/06/2007
1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Transmission problems at 34,000 miles and less than 1 year of service. 2wd to 4wd selection buttons and servo motor went out at 45,000 and had to be replaced. Repaired transmission failed at 53,000 miles and is being replaced with a used transmission underneath an extended warranty purchased at a cost of $2,800 as insurace for the transmission repair. I think I should learn how to spell Toyota?

Love Avalanche

Mac, 05/02/2007
2500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (8.1L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Avalanche. I have bought lots of vehicles and this is my favorite. The 2500 is not your average Avalanche. It weighs about 2000lb's more and has an 8.1 litre engine. However, the outside diminsions are all the same. I now know why they put a fuel limiter switch on it. Definitely a man's truck. I pull a 3 ton boat and have to be careful because you can forget it is back there. Get better gas mileage with it pulling the boat than the 5.3 litre. But, the 5.3 did get over 20 mpg not pulling. Unfortantly they don't make it anymore.

5 yrs of love

Jo Gayle, 01/12/2016
1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my truck I have driven it for 5 yrs pulling a grooming trailer as my business. Worth every penny. Beautiful and strong just like me.

12345...24