Used 2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews

Used Avalanche for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...24

Pros
Cons

A Pickup with Class

Texcowboy9, 05/01/2005
1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

First we thought about buying an Escalade, then we looked at both the Avalanche and the Escalade side by side. Not any difference in the profile. The front end was different as was the interior. For saving the extra money and being practical we went with the Avalance on a Smart buy. We have been on one trip (1200 miles) and this is a very comfortable and luxurious truck. We averaged 19 mpg on the trip, the power is very good along with the fuel economy. Six passengers are no problem. We took my daughter's dog with us one way to leave with a friend, the back seat folded down, the rear bulkhead folded down and the kennel sat with the door open in the cargo area facing forward. Worked great

Fun to Drive @ 20.1 MPG

David R, 06/21/2006
1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Owned a Ford F-150 for 10 years, still have it, still use it, still a great truck. I’ve owned the '05 Avalanche LT for one year now. I bought the truck because I liked the style and every Avalanche owner I spoke to was passionate about how much fun it was to drive. This vehicle is easy to handle with great control, power, and smooth ride. Every truck owners dream, including great gas mileage; city 19 hwy 24, I average 20.1mpg. Best investment I’ve made in a long time. Now all I need is to find an E85 fuel station.

A Man's Truck

JG, 10/11/2007
1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had a 2000 Frontier Crew Cab and thought it was a good truck, that was until I bought the Avalanche. We've driven it to NYC and it was as comfy as my wife's Acura. I've hauled loads and loaded my touring motorcycle in the bed. It pulls trailers with ease and has plenty of giddyup when you want to pass. I average about 20mpg highway and 16mpg in the city. The stereo is awesome and the a/c gets cold in a flash. I am angry I waited so long to upgrade from the Frontier. That little truck is nice if you're a suburban pretender, but if you're a do-it- yourselfer or a working man, the Avalanche is the truck for you.

Chevy has my heart

Amanda T., 11/05/2018
1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I really love this truck. My parents bought it brand new in 2005 and it was given to me in 2013 and I have loved it so much. It’s gotten old and the interior is falling apart and so has some other things about it but I would highly recommend this vehicle if they made newer models of the Avalanche. Chevy is just such a great brand. It’s gonna be hard to get rid of it one day. I have over 135,000 miles on it and it still runs so smooth and has held out so well all these years. Just as any other truck, you don’t get good gas mileage:(

Best truck out there

Brian Jermyn, 02/03/2005
2500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (8.1L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is an excellent vehicle. I enjoy it more every day I drive it. It is like no other truck as far as versitility goes. And it is as comfortable, and smooth as any truck can get. It rides like a car--very smooth. I have used it for numerous things- mostly comfortable trips back and forth to work, but also have picked up plenty of supplies, and it is soo easy to change from suv to p/up truck. The top panels come off, and go back on so easy it is great. anyone interested in this vehicle, do not pass it up it is an excellent vehicle. buy it and enjoy it, as much as i do.

12345...24