Used 2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews

Used Avalanche for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...24

Pros
Cons

Good Value

Jack, 11/14/2015
1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

2005 Avelanche used at 18K miles. 2x4 with G80 locker. Major problems: transmission went out after 95K, My Suburban had over 150K without a problem. Investigating some had earlier problem's and most went out around 100K, so don't feel to bad. It has been reliable with little maintenance. Interior seem to fall apart fairly easy, buttons on dash, Cover on window pillar fell off. Light 4x4 with G80 locker did very well.

Truck or SUV? ( trukuv )

james, 03/31/2005
1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Fun to drive with exceptional comfort and smoothness. Decent fuel consumption for its size. A lot more versatile than a standard truck. Bed is way more spacious than given credit for.

05 Avalanche LT

judahbenhuer, 12/17/2011
1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought an 89 Daytona Shelby when I was still on active duty; my intention to keep her forever. 8 years later and 2 children who outgrew the tiny seats had me searching the dealerships. I bought an 08 Dodge Quad Cab Big Horn over the summer, and one trip later realized my critical mistake. Using the mini-rear seats of the Daytona as a reference for something larger was a poor choice. One month later I was already scanning the dealership lots. I saw an 05 Avalanche (never, NEVER a fan of Chevy!)with 49,000 original miles- 1 owner, and the truck was nearly mint. The salesman prompted me to keep it overnight...he knew the outcome. She sure sits pretty in the driveway :)

it was very comfty

cheerchick9104, 08/28/2004
2500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (8.1L 8cyl 4A)

it had good fuel

Avalanche Coninues to be the best!

chevyforever, 12/28/2009
1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Have had my Avalanche for almost 10 months now and I cannot imagine my life without it! I test drove toyota, honda, dodge, and my friend drives a 2004 f150 that has had 6 transmission replacements and 2 overdrive/ transfer cases replaced in 3 months of owning it. I have to say, I have had zero problems with this truck, other than the dealership not tightening my oil filter on good enough... I have the sun & sound package that has the bose sys and the sunroof. We go for a 3 hour drive to the beach we put every window down, the roof open, the back window out and the bose sys playin ur fav song it feels like a sports car and u just wanna step on the gas! Love this truck!!!

12345...24