2017 Cadillac CT6 Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Cadillac CT6 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CT6 model:

Great but mind of it's own.
By Bernie Kagen

2017 Cadillac CT6 PLUG-IN 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid EVT)

I have been driving Cadillacs for 30 yeas and this is the best one yet. You have to experience the ride to see how smooth and how quiet the car is. Handling, and acceleration are exceptional for a car this size. Because the hybrids come fully equipped their is more high tech equipment on bored than I can describe . It was a pleasure to take on a cross country trip. I say this car has a mind of it's own because at times when you need quick acceleration it will hesitate before going. I have brought it to Cadillac's attention, but they have not addressed the problem.

This would be the perfect car but ...
By JK

2017 Cadillac CT6 Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

The 8 speed transmission on the CT6 is just plain awful. The first to second shift feels at times as if you have been hit from behind by another car. Other times it takes seconds for the car to shift from first to second and during that time the car has no power applied to the wheels. GM and the dealerships appear to do nothing about this after several complaints and tell me its normal (no...it's not normal for a $70+ car to shift like a 30 year old truck).

They should call this car the Chevy Impala Luxury!
By Kevin G

2017 Cadillac CT6 Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

So first off i had a 2001 Cadillac DTS, i completely loved that car!! after pushing it to over 250k miles i decided to sell it, but i had never liked the newer body Cadillac, so i've had a BMW 750 Li up until about May, when i decided even though i love the BMW im over the 13mpg and needed something better!! so i went to the Cadillac dealer and decided to get this cool batman looking vehicle with the pop up back tvs ect. Point is the car is gorgeous. But DAMMMMMMN ive never seen a "Luxury Car" who is so called trying to compete with the Lexus, Audi, BMW, and Mercedes!! this is by far THE CHEAPEST made vehicle i've even seen!!!!! i have 8,800 miles on the CT^ and i'm hearing noises, squeaks, oh and when i go over a bump, it sounds like the damn bottom is going to fall out! similar to when i'm driving my grand dad;s 1970 Buick!. I"ve owned both Inifiniti and BMW both with well over 170k miles! and never had to bring it to the dealers. Ive had this car for 6 months, and have been to get repairs 4x already. Everything is made of cheap plastic! i rented a 2017 Chevy impala on a vacation, and realized this car is the exact!! same thing, only with more hi tech features and fancier plastic!!! I highly suggest leasing this vehicle if interested!! so that way you wont get stuck regretting getting stuck in it.

Fighting with GM is not easy
By m300michael

2017 Cadillac CT6 Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I am having an issue involves the transmission on this vehicle. On occasion the transmission shifts/lurches so hard that it feels like the vehicle was struck from the rear. I did take the vehicle in for service and dealership stated that they upgraded the computer and the problem should not re-occur. Wrong! The same issue has occurred several more times and one time my grandkids were in the vehicle and it actually scared them when the vehicle lurched. Reading other reviews involving the Cadillac CT6 shows that I am not alone with this issue. I know that there is no perfect vehicle available on this planet but, what I fear is that the lurching may occur and cause an accident or transmission will not last long and will need to be replaced (hopefully, while under warranty).
This transmission issue is still an issue, as I have taken the vehicle back to the dealership and the dealership cannot "duplicate" the hard shift. Interesting fact is that every single person that has been in my vehicle has felt this problem and I have had it occur before and after taking the vehicle for service.

Easily the worst car I have ever owned
By Paul

2017 Cadillac CT6 Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

My 2017 Cadillac CT-6 is bad beyond belief. It has been in the shop for approx 4 of the 20 weeks that I have owned it. I would not wish this car on my worst enemy. Here is a list of all the problems. Brake pedal assembly needed to be replaced, seat belt tightening motor needed to be replaced, and panel under steering wheel fell off. Those are the problems that have been resolved. What has not been resolved is the headliner makes a loud rattling noise. It comes from the area between the sun roofs. I have taken it to two dealerships and they have attempted to fix it with “clamps”. That actually made it worse. Last but not least. The car makes a very loud whining noise. It sounds like a cat being tortured( not that I have heard a cat being tortured). It’s really loud. I understand that I may have just gotten a lemon but so far GM has not done anything to make this right. It’s a great looking car but so far miserable to drive.