Used 2004 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews - 219 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Best riding, comfortable SUV I have driven.
By Mark B.

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought with 120,000 miles on it. Had intermittent check engine light which 3 different garages could not figure out the problem out. Turn out to be Thrust bearing in transmission which spewed needle bearings into trans which destroyed gears and torque converter; $4,000 repair. Had to change speed sensor 3 times due to Garage using after market parts: Use Genuine GM parts for Traction and anti-lock problems. Power steering pump does not provide enough boost at idle speed, i.e. parking situations. As other reviews state, gauges are unreadable during daytime due to background color, a problem made worse by a problem with panel lights dimming system which causes instrument lights to go dim during daylight when car is shifted out of Park. Had instrument cluster rebuilt and change light sensor. Dealer advised me I would have to put new radio in to solve problem(Whaaaaaat?). All that said, it is a great riding, comfortable car. After my experience with a '99 Tahoe, bought new, I too am finished with GM cars. They just can't seem to get their act together as Ford, Nissan, Toyota, Subaru, etc. have over the last decade.

the "Buick"
By Beth - like the KISS song

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Rendezvous. It is a 2004 AWD and will soon celebrate her 14th Bday. I chuckle at the Buick commercials about 'not your grandma's Buick', as I have grandpups. Such a smooth ride. I love driving it. I sorted reviews in date order prior to mine, the man mentioned a wet floor. If his came off same line as mine, that is a factory defect, I learned this in 2014. Always had wet carpet but I had a garage. Then I moved and it was outside, got very wet. I think because i lived in Iowa and had snowy feet, went thru 100 year floods about every year, and lived on a muddy gravel road, i chalked it up to that. The seal was not tight on the window. The GM dealer had the window guy work on it, not a problem. I live in Iowa, in 2016 I drove it to Pueblo, Colorado to my sisters for Thanksgiving. On the way home I hit 170,000 miles in Lincoln, NE. Averaged about 20 mpg. Prior to that (with high mileage) I drove it to Mall of America twice. I loaded it up with stuff my daughter wanted from IKEA and it fit in the back end well. I have never worried about reliability. Repairs have been wheel bearings, which is a known problem to GM on this model. I think at about 130,000 the differential fluid dripped off the back, so some gaskets or seals were replaced - since took it in right away, no major damage done. Had the tranny fluid and radiator flushed at this time. At 160,000 the oil pan was replaced along with the transmission fluid lines. In 2016 a new tire rod on on right side (pot hole side of the road) and in 2017 a muffler. Registration is $51/year, runs like a dream and I will keep it for a very long time. I was told I got the "good engine". Has the best heater and a/c unit you could want. I take care of her, and she takes care of me :) :) :)

I Guess It Works
By Adam

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this vehicle for 3 years and have put 20,000 miles on it. It gets the job done i guess. I bought it in good condition for 3,000 and i think i have put 7,000 dollars into it for work. Steering kinda sucks, gas mileage is as expected for an SUV. Technology i upgraded myself (not included in my cost). The floor leaks so the carpet it always wet. AWD drive kicks off in the snow...so i dont know what the point is of having it. The dealership offered me $500 for it for a trade in but KBB says its worth 1,500. Wouldnt ever buy or recommend a buick again.

Over
By Lou

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My 2004 Buick Rendezvous has over 225,000 miles on it !!!!

Maintain your Buick !!!
By people

2004 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My 2004 Buick has 168000 miles on it. I've replace the right front hup, put two sensors on it and it will pass inspection tomorrow. Flush the transmission at 100,000 miles keep the oil changed sooner than the book says, keep the tires in check. Best driving, riding SUV I've ever drove.