2018 Buick Encore Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Buick Encore Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Encore model:

Leased Encore
By Ray

2018 Buick Encore Preferred 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Initial quality excellent. Very quiet for this class. Smooth ride. Nice appointments. Had Honda’s for past 20 years. Brick appears to equal Honda in all important areas. Interior is slightly better than Honda.

Superior Suv
By DR

2018 Buick Encore Premium 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love the car very comfortable the only complaints I have are. The acceleration could be better and the car could use a passenger armrest.

What a nice little car
By JWu

2018 Buick Encore Preferred 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

So I think this all needs to be prefaced with remembering what the Encore is meant to do. It's not a sports car, it's not a rugged truck, nor is it a full blown luxury crossover. Plus, consideration needs to be made for end of year lease deals (and purchase deals for that matter), as price has to be a major factor in how impressive it is. The car is NOT by any means fast. It's basically slow and down on power. However, it is enough for the city and adequate for road trips. Just step on it harder over the hills. I was worried before I took it on my first long trip, but it had no problems cruising along at ... the speed limit... and maybe sometimes a bit higher. The ace though, is how quiet and comfortable this thing is. After combined 5 hours of driving, I had no aches or pains, was not fatigued at all, and felt the time and miles passed very quickly. Even better, I averaged 34mpg for the day, which included some stop and go and city driving too. My regular commutes still get 28-30 mpg, so rather satisfied. Surprisingly, the chassis and handling feels nice and tight, not at all what I remembered of buick of before. Brakes are ok - progressive pedal. At the Preferred level (I feel it's basically the base model), the interior still feels nice enough to be close to premium levels. The car has great use of interior space at minimum exterior size - great for city stuff. All in all, I am so pleasantly surprised by the refinement of this tiny thing. With deals putting it on par with some of the cheap economy cars, why not?! Fabulous

Love my Enclave
By Lou Ann Walters

2018 Buick Encore Preferred 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Good looking car inside and out Such a smooth ride and very quite Cabin. Holds the road very well. Drove it to Gulf Shores two years ago, was a wonderful ride for a 13 hour trip. Thinking of selling and purchase the Encore, but concerned I will not like it as well as the Enclave. I am approaching 80 years old and no longer need a large car.

Looked at buying, then rented one. Hard NO!
By Rich

2018 Buick Encore Essence 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Rented the vehicle for a trip to Southern California. It couldn't keep up with highway speeds. Acceleration was inconsistent, the transmission was a nightmare because it wouldn't shift until the accelerator was nearly at the floor and then it would downshift twice before providing a tepid amount of power. I liked everything else except the engine and transmission. It's programmed for gas mileage, which was 27+ the entire trip, but not performance and there is no Sport mode to keep it tight. This was a vehicle I had been looking at as a potential replacement for mine, but after renting it, I would NEVER spend that kind of money on this vehicle. My recommendation to GM is the tune the transmission for performance and put a bigger engine in it to provide more power. What a waste.