Skip to main content
12345...8

See Edmunds pricing data

Has Your Car's Value Changed?

Used car values are constantly changing. Edmunds lets you track your vehicle's value over time so you can decide when to sell or trade in.

Price history graph example
We have a limited number of reviews for the 2021 Enclave, so we've included reviews for other years of the Enclave since its last redesign.

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Best SUV I’ve driven...now own

pjkPA, 06/17/2020
updated 08/11/2020
2020 Buick Enclave Preferred 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

This ‘professional’ review cons MPG but I just got a easy 28mpg on a 450 mile trip over mountains to NY ... 310hp .. two people with lots of luggage ... I call that pretty good. I got 23 MPG in a rented new RAV4 last year on same trip. When I hear ‘interior materials’ the red flag goes up that screams .. this reviewer doesn’t know what they are talking about ... I want to hear about galvanized body and stainless steel exhaust ... that’s quality... the Buick Enclave has both. My 14 year old Buick still looked and drove like new.... and I got 3 times ‘book value’. The Enclave rides better than the company car BMW X5 by far... smoother and more quiet. Have taken several 500 mile trips in my new 2020 Enclave ... the ride is extremely smooth and quiet ... the 121” wheelbase and 4300lb weight creates a ride no small SUV can come close to.... This is a true road vehicle ....And I’m getting 28mpg on the road! The 310hp V6 is quick... If you want a roomy ... quiet ... smooth riding road car that gets good mpg ... it’s a Enclave.

5 out of 5 stars

Luxury at a decent price

Chris, 03/05/2020
2020 Buick Enclave Avenir 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

VERY quiet ride, loaded with technology that I’m still learning about. I love most every thing about it. I discovered 2 shortcomings that were available in my 2009 Enclave: the shade on the panoramic sunroof over the second row is now manual instead of powered; the front passenger window now does not now have auto up and down. The gear shift is a major departure from what was available in the past. It requires a moderate learning curve. The auto stop feature was active the first couple of days but now does not I’m not complaining, it’s just weird. The adaptive cruise is a blast as well as the lane departure warning and subtle correction. Both features should be standard on all trim levels. I have not tested the other safety features yet. Very satisfied with the car overall. Extremely comfortable and loaded with helpful technology. I’m looking forward to exploring and exploiting the rest of the technology.

4 out of 5 stars

Great car for the price but some features declined

WTI, 02/04/2020
updated 08/06/2020
2020 Buick Enclave Essence 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

Had a 2008 Enclave new. Just bought a 2020 Enclave. Interior items seemed to be diminished somewhat. Rear captains chairs are not as nice. Less standard features this time around. However the engine and transmission is much smoother and better tuned. I got the sport package with 20 inch rims and dark grille. Very nice look and great smooth quiet ride. GM was offering 5 k cash incentive plus other savings. I got it for 10 k off sticker. Could not be happier. 11k miles in and still loving the Enclave. Quiet and smooth ride.

Overall the best!

Buick lover, 07/11/2020
2020 Buick Enclave Essence 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

This is my second enclave, the first was damaged by a hit and run driver, I can tell you that this model is a classic road car. If you want smooth, supple, refined, classy, it should be your car. LOVE THIS CAR.

Not your Mom’s Buick

Rmx1221, 12/24/2020
2021 Buick Enclave Essence 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

My wife and I recently traded our 18 Buick LaCrosse for a new Enclave because we needed more people room. The new generation of Buick vehicles have much better interior styling and build quality than past generations, with an almost German feel. Because of our Lacrosse, were already accustomed to the oddity of the transmission shifter which looks cool, but is incredibly frustrating if your not accustomed. The thing I like the most about the Enclave is that the dash layout is simple, intuitive and not riddled with a bunch of tiny buttons like many competitors. While not as inspiring as our LaCross, the driving dynamics are smooth and comfortable with throttle response that is somewhat spirited for a vehicle of this size. My only complaint is that engine noise is quite intrusive under acceleration but dies down to null once the trans has rowed through all 9 gears. Road noise is almost non existent. Overall the Buick Enclave is a very competent people hauler that may even make the other moms jealous at the next soccer match.

12345...8