Used 2016 BMW X5 Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 BMW X5 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:

Fuel Efficient & Quick
By Kelly

2016 BMW X5 xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

If you are looking for great fuel efficiency combined with quick performance at a stop light or stop and go traffic, this is the SUV for you. I've really enjoyed this vehicle and plan to keep it for several more years. I average 29.2 miles per gallon in mostly city driving and I'm not light on the accelerator. I love how quick it is off the line, we really enjoy the panoramic sunroof, seat heaters work outstanding, iDrive is the best technology mgmt system in my opinion and it is a comfortable highway cruiser. The dog fits in the back. And, something that will be hard to replace in other models is the fold down tailgate, not only is it great to sit on, but it also allows the dog to hop up without scratching the bumper paint. We really enjoy this car and don't see a reason to replace it at this point. We hope BMW brings back the diesel in the next version of the X5; we'll be loyal fans!

Love the X5
By Jim S

2016 BMW X5 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Great performance you expect from a BMW. Comfortable and stylish while practical.

Outstanding SAV!
By Hector B

2016 BMW X5 sDrive35i 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I bought my X5 i35 SDrive in late 2016, fully loaded , Sport package and all the safety features. Had some doubts between the X drive and the S Drive, went for the S drive and have no regrets. Great car, safe and sooth ride , very happy with the 300 HP and the Sport feature what boost the power, definitively fun to drive , specially in the s mode. Upgraded the tires to all season Continentals and they perform great in snow...we have got over 35 inches so far.. in the NJ area.

Step it up BMW
By P. Renfrow

2016 BMW X5 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

This is my second X5. I love everything about the car with a few exceptions. I find the driver’s seat to be a bit too firm on a long trip. Wish it was a bit softer. Second, the basic technology is lagging. My son just bought a Honda CRV with more standard technology than my 5. Backup cameras and side warning systems are getting pretty standard on other cars. BMW needs to step it up. Lastly, the nose of my latest X5 looks too much like a Chrysler. That said, l love the split tailgate, the interior lighting, the cargo space and everything else about the car.

Go get something else
By John Thomas

2016 BMW X5 sDrive35i 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Terrible technology. My third BMW X5. 2018 model is very disappointing. No technology compared to competition. Can name a few better comparison - Range Rover, Mercedes GL series. Lexus. Interior is very cheap. No massage setting on x5 60k vechile. Very disappointed. Please do a recall to do an interior redesign.