Used 2010 BMW X5 Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X5 model:

Great BMW for 70,000, Then It Turns Into a Lemon
By TKG

2010 BMW X5 xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Build, quality, road feel were all BMW ultimate driving machine. We bought this car new and checked all the boxes. It was my 11th new BMW, and we were thrilled with it until the check engine light came on repeatedly beginning at around 70,000 miles. Over $2000 in repairs later, our very cooperative dealer has been unable to solve the problem. Their appeal to BMW corporate fell on deaf ears. I drove my last BMW diesel (1987 BMW E34 525td) nearly a million miles, which is what a BMW diesel should easily achieve. But this one has only 77,000 miles and is a lemon outside the lemon law. Our BMW dealer has given up and told us to ignore the check engine light, not acceptable for a $66,000 (2010 price) BMW.

Not again
By JTK

2010 BMW X5 xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I wouldn't buy another.

Great used car to buy
By Joseph Liu

2010 BMW X5 xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I bought this car at used with 35000 miles on it in 2014. This is the best used car that I'd ever drive. I owned quite a few luxury cars. X5 35d is the most pleasure for me to drive in road with great milage and power.

X5 35d nightmare
By Maxx

My 2010 x5 diesel such a nightmare Shame on BMW

First BMW
By lsd1

2010 BMW X5 xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The 2010 BMW X5 was my entry into the BMW brand.
It is a nice blend of car and SUV.
I bought it with 12,000 miles so took advantage of a price discount by the dealer.
I have put 14,000 miles on the car so far and have been pleased.
The 2010 'control wheel' (which manages access to radio, navigation, etc.) is much more user friendly than I expected, and improved over 2009 and earlier versions.
The finishes and quality earn the great reputation this brand has achieved.
Have not had any service issues with the car since purchase.

Key observations: 1) The car came with the third row seating, which really does not seem functional. 2) Main complaint are the factory installed running boards which makes getting in and out of the car more challenging. I tried to have the boards removed, but the dealer confirmed this is not realistically possible do to factory install. 3) Also, have to really dip my head (I'm only 5'8") to clear the door opening when getting in an out. But, once inside, all is good. 4) Be sure to check for your desired seat position and be aware of a 'blind spot' which is much more obvious in some positions. While all cars have blind spots, this one can be unusually unique.