Used 2016 BMW M4 Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 BMW M4 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M4 model:

I can’t stop smiling
By John Sadowski

2016 BMW M4 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a driver’s car in that you can set nearly any aspect of the car (transmission, suspension, steering etc) to multiple settings. Once you find your optimal set, you can store them in one button on the steering wheel and call it up in an instant. Wonderful for going from side street to highway in a blink of an eye. I’ve wanted this car ever since I saw it as a kid and finally have it! Wicked fun!

BMW M4 CONV
By Jay Cornell

2016 BMW M4 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car with 5 miles on the odometer so I might have been the 1st person to take a test drive. This was a little surprising as the car was on the lot for about 6 weeks. The new 2018s were being delivered starting April 1 and I got my car on April 7 with a huge discount. It runs perfectly, has great comfort, power, handling and overall smoothness you would expect in a car listed at $90k. Most surprisingly is the good gas mileage around 21.5 mixed driving on premium gas.The top works flawlessly... with the provided rear wind screen when the top is down you do not have any in car turbulence. You can talk in a normal voice and listen to the radio w/o any extra volume (although it adjusts to your speed). Surprisingly the windscreen does away with any wind in the front 2 seats but does take away the back seat. The trunk as a unique loading system but if you are taking any long trips it can only hold 1 suitcase.

One sweet M4 convertible
By Brian Anderson

2016 BMW M4 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had my 2016 M4 convertible (with competition package) since the middle of May (it is now the end of August). I have 5000 miles on it now. It is a FANTASTIC car. It is the most comfortable car I have ever driven. My daily car is a Lexus is350. My wife's is a G37s. Of course neither come close in any type of performance comparison but neither come close in comfort either. The first week I had the car we headed down hwy 101 & 1 to Santa Monica that was an epic trip. But the car utterly surprised me on the way back to Sacramento as we did I5 home. I set the suspension to comfort and was utterly amazed at how comfortable the ride home was. As I got to know the car had to come to the conclusion that it is a beast in a tuxedo. Well refined and subtly luxurious, but put the setting to sport/manual mode on the tranny and take traction control off and it shows its beastly side quite wonderfully. I only have 2 picks with the car. 1. The auto high beam works only half the time. And 2. The remote controlling of the convertible roof opening works only half the time too. THAT ONE is extremely irritating when you are standing beside the car and want to drop the top so you use the remote feature. AND IT DOESNT WORK!! For a $90,000 car that should work every time. Those are the only 2 negative experiences I have had with the car. The sound system is amazing. Really amazing. As is the heads up display and the navigation. I've lowered the car 3/4" front and back. Put Niche rims on and went to 305's on the back from the stock 285's. It is one....... Sweet.........car. My 2 business partners have opted for coupes. One got his this week. The other is headed to Munich next week to enjoy a European delivery. He will drive his around Europe for a couple weeks then BMW will ship it home. We each have our own specific tastes in the car. BMW offers a wide range of color combinations. If you can afford the car, you will not be disappointed

M4
By Karim Kefi

Batmobile on steroids
By Ray

2016 BMW M4 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

It is the perfect car. It is civil in everyday traffic, but is a lot of fun whenever you need (or want) to accelerate or shame a Mustang owner. The Launch Control function is so fast, it is scary. Anyone who complains about the instrumentation being too complicated should go back to the dealership and get a five- to 10-minute primer on the iDrive, etc., from a BMW "Genius." I have wanted an M3 for years, and finally made the plunge. I opted for the M4 coupe, and it has not disappointed.