Used 2011 Audi Q7 Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Audi Q7 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q7 model:

Garbage in Garbage out
By EC

2011 Audi Q7 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

So I am no longer a member of the Audi family. I owned my 2011 Audi Q7 for 6 years and for the most part it was alright. My biggest complaint is the maintenance. Every single service I had done was done at a Certified Audi Dealer, yet after 3 years the thermostat went out, exactly right after the warranty had expired. To make up for this, Audi did not pay for the repair, they did offer to cover my service through 75,000 miles. Fast forward 2 1/2 years and my 6 weeks after my 85,000 mile service my coolant light comes on and I take it back to Phil Long Audi here in Colorado Springs. To my surprise the thermostat again needs to be replaced because it is leaking, as well as an additional 2K in suggested repairs. So 6 weeks after a service and an "Audi World Class" Inspection at certified dealer, the car basically fell apart. I contacted Audi of America and they offered me a 25% discount on the Thermostat repair only as a good will gesture, what a crock. They do not stand behind there product as long as there is a buck to be made and I refuse to do business like that no mater how "nice" there cars are.

We will never let it go
By Chris

2011 Audi Q7 TDI Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

My wife was first introduced to the Q7 in 2009 when her cousin came down from Boston in hers. My wife fell in love with the drivability, the appointments, and it not having the stigma of elitism (buying a brand badge versus a quality car). Most of the people we knew at the time had never heard of Audi. Maybe because we were too poor to even afford one, but we all knew Mercedes and BMW! My wife didn’t want to drive a badge, she wanted to drive a well-crafted machine that would last a long time. A few years later, I found a lease return TDI Prestige in Florida that was well priced. I jumped on it.
Why really did we want the Q7 over anything else? We wanted a 7 passenger vehicle. There are only four of us in the family, but randomly we will transport friends to and from school and ball games. So the third row seat didn’t need to cavernous, just legal for short trips. We wanted a comfortable long distance vehicle. We regularly travel 2,500 miles across the United States, so we desired something comfortable. I’m 6’1” and many vehicles don’t fit me. This fit me like a glove. In these travels, we travel through all types of weather, including snow. We also travel back roads a bit also, so we desired a four wheel drive. We needed something that could tow a 5,000 pound camper. And we desired 20+ mpg. This wish list narrowed us down very quickly. The Q7 was at the top of the list.
With nearly 180,000 miles on our Q7, we have done NO major maintenance. Brakes, oil, tires, battery and other small things like this; but we have done nothing major. We continue to drive this car as our primary cross-country conveyance. We have no squeaks, no rattles, no clunks and to broken nobs. The seats have no tears, rips or bad wearing spots. This car has really held up to my family. It has truly held up to the price I paid for it. Even my fuel mileage increased as I put miles on it. Currently, we average 25 MPG on the highway, and around 18 in the city.
The bad:
The OEM brakes. This is a heavy machine, and the brakes remind you that it is heavy! Our first brake replacement, we upgraded the rotors and pads and reprogrammed the sensitivity of the brake pedal. It made an immense difference.
Tires. This is a heavy machine, and it eats tires faster than a minivan. I finally went to a Conti DWS with a 50,000 warranty. This way, every time I swap tires at about 40,000 miles, I get $125 discount off the new set.
MMI The interface with the computer is like jumping from Windows to Apple. There is a lot of getting used to the strange interface. My wife loves it, so I won’t expound on it!

First Audi and LOVING it...
By audifan2011

2011 Audi Q7 TDI Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

This is my first Audi and I'm really loving it.
I've never owned a Diesel auto before but the gas mileage is great.
But the fuel is more expensive so I'm not sure if it's not a wash by the time it's all said and done.
Here in CA, diesel is at least 30 cents more per gallon for diesel vs. unleaded.

The quality is great and I'm at 3,500 miles and not any problems at all.
It runs smoothly and I'm averaging about 22 miles per gallon driving a mix of the city and highway (mostly city).

I've averaged about 560 miles on a full tank of gas. The tank holds 26 gallons of diesel fuel.

I test drove many different SUV's including Mercedes, Lexus, BMW, and a few others but none could compare

I really love the LED lights. It looks cool and a good safety feature. I like that you can control pretty much everything right from the steering wheel so CD, Radio, Sirius channels, mileage info, etc. can all be done right there from the steering wheel. They have pretty much thought of everything. From the child safety locks that you can control from the driver's seat, to the voice activated GPS and telephone, to even the sun visor extending a bit out. In the back rear door it even has where you can set the height you want it to open up. The two keys if you share your car will remember each person so when they open the car everything adjusts for their seat position, etc.

It really took some time to get used to the GPS dial nob system as my former car it was all touch screen which is much easier. The voice recognition doesn't always get street names correct so you have to manually dial it in which takes time. Also, there is no trash/ash tray at all. I don't smoke but still it would be nice to have a dedicated place to put trash. There is no ash tray in the front at all. Also, if you drop something on the side of your chair it's pretty much lost as there is no space to manuever removing it. Even backing the chair all the way. I dropped an expensive pen and it was impossible to retrieve. Be careful dropping a cellphone between your seat in front.

Excellent Family Car
By chchoi

2011 Audi Q7 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

This Q7 replaces my 2008 A4.
Q7 is huge.
A lot of room.
I love the 3.0 Supercharge engine with 8 speed auto.
Pickup is very smooth.
Mileage is OK. It does better than my 2005 X5 3.0i.
It feels very heavy and during braking, I need to step heavier to stop it.
I took it to the snow and it was fun driving at 70mph and passing other cars with chain.
It is a excellent family car.

Quattro. MMI is very easy to learn and use (better than BMW iDrive). Feel very solid to drive.

Add LED headlight as an option to Premium. It is only available in Premium Plus pkg :(

Truly A Luxury SUV
By q 007

2011 Audi Q7 3.0T S line Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Finally broke 1k miles on my Q7. I along side of my 2002 audi s4 and 2004 audi a6 2.7t; the Q7 makes a great family SUV, I had custom dvd entertainment install and my kids loves it while on the road. With a lot of mix city and highway I average around 20 mpg. I tested droved the 2010 x5 with v8 setup and merc gl 550 both did not have the solid feel and quality interior. The X5 was very responsive on the road and sporty while the Merc felt too calm and soft on the road while the q7 had the balance of both worlds.

I love the mmi voice commands integrated with the 3d nav system, and love the S line front facial with its amazing LED daytime running lights. Also running board on my Q7 makes it more appealing.

It would be great if the third row seats could be controled electronically to fold like the merc gl 550; and give the q7 an agressive exhaust note so people can hear you coming.