2014 Audi A4 Consumer Review: After a thorough search, this

2014 Audi A4 - Consumer Review

2.0T Premium quattro Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 8-speed Automatic)

After a thorough search, this is what I found
By darryl144 on

2014 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

My original review, made shortly after purchase follows this updated review. I have owned the 2014 Premium Plus version of Audi's A4 for 30 months and 76,000 miles. I still Love this car! I learned of an issue with deposits accumulating on the intake valves of direct injected turbocharged engines. I learned of some measures to reduce this accumulation and so far so good. Performance remains consistent i.e. very much the same as when I first began driving the car. I do my own oil changes at 5K mile intervals. I did notice that the HVAC unit seems to blow cold air when I wanted heat. I mentioned this when I a had the car serviced. The technician assured me that all was as it should be. At my last service there was an update to the programming of the HVAc unit addressing the issue that I had identified earlier. The dual zone climate control now works as prescribed. We looked at the new A4 but, in terms of styling, it seems dull compared to the 2014 (B8). Tires and wheels have been an issue as having never had blowout nor wheel damage I never anticipated a need for a wheel and tire warranty. With the 18" wheels, I purchased a new set of tires in six months. I've also had to have 3 wheels straightened at that place in Bath PA. Glad they're close by. I'm headed there again at the end of this month. Other than that there have been no issues. The car still gets nods and 'nice car' comments. And most of all, "I STILL THOROUGHLY ENJOY DRIVING THIS CAR!!! Still feels good every time I get in. Color me 'Happy'! Here's my original review:
Just purchased a 2014 A4. The driving dynamics are amazing and better than the new BMW's. I have driven performance cars all my life and the handling of this car is sublime. The styling is subtle and elegant. The engine lacks the sonorous qualities of more performance oriented vehicles but given the plebeian power figures the car moves with an alacrity and agility that genuinely impresses; credit the 8 speed Steptronic transmission. Steering, while a bit numb is direct and precise. That's all I need from a sedan. Amenities abound and present themselves when you least expect them. It's like an Armani suit, the closer you look at the details the more beautiful touches you find. The A4 IMHO blends Power Elegance and Beauty like few automobiles ever have. Love this car!!!

OKAY! Here we are at 86,600 miles....and I'm still in love with my A4. Nothing much has changed at all. I have had no issues with the mechanics of the car and she still turns heads and gets the occasional envious glance if not an outright thumbs up. I purchased a new set of Michelins as opposed to the OEM Pirelli's, which featured low rolling resistance. I notice an increase in fuel consumption. of about 2 or 3 MPG. But the Michelins feel softer and offer more feedback and about the same grip.

• Acceleration
  • Engine
  • Transmission
  • Electronics

• Usb ports

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review