Used 2016 Audi A3 Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Audi A3 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A3 model:

Great car, but needs improvement
By Ashley W

2016 Audi A3 1.8 TFSI Premium Plus S Line 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I'm the biggest Audi fan - they're all I drive. When I bought this car I was so excited since it was beautiful and such a great deal. However, as sad as I am to admit it, the car has some major flaws. You wouldn't think there'd be blind spots in this car, but they're extremely dangerous. They designed the side mirrors to look sleek and sporty, but they're so small you can't see much at all. I had to purchase stick-on blind spot mirrors in order to be able to switch lanes. Anyone that drives my car has the same complaint. Also, the wipers don't go hardly fast enough in the rain. There's been times I've had to pull over because I couldn't see in a normal rainstorm. I never had this problem with my past Audis. Also, within the first year it broke down three times and had to go back to Audi to be fixed. The turbo leaked into the engine, a pipe started disintegrating, and a spark plug clogged - all within the first year. I leased the car so Audi fixed it for free but the fact that these many problems occurred when the car was brand new was extremely concerning. Otherwise the car does drive very well and gets decent mpg. I drive mostly highway to work each day and the mpg is from 30-33. The entertainment system and climate control are also great. Overall I sadly wouldn't recommend this car - which is heartbreaking because I love Audi so much.

Small Luxury at reasonable price
By Kee Fly

2016 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI Premium Plus S Line quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

After having BMWs to Audis (I even did a brief stint in a honda accord, yuck) I found this to be the most likable. I loved my a4 and s4, but due to older age, needed something brand new, didn't want to sacrifice acceleration or comfort. The a3 is noticeably smaller than the a4 of today, same size as the a4 of previous generations. My wife and I fit up front perfectly and comfortably and my 100lb lab in the back. Plenty of trunk space. What attracts me is the fact that it still feels almost as fast as my b8 s4, with the fuel economy that doesn't hurt the wallet. Really the only downside is getting black, I was her a lot. I urge any and everyone to just take a test drive, Great commuter car, fantastic weekend car to the country with the wonderful panoramic sunroof. Skip the nav, your iPhone can do everything anyways. Do get an upgraded stereo. I have basic (audi concert) it sucks when i want to jam I have it turned almost 85-90. Get bose or B&O.

Awesome convertible - Tricky transmission*
By Ron Nascimento

2016 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI Premium quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This is my first Audi. I had a VW Polo before that I really loved and this Audi rides even better (sure more power, better transmission....). My biggest concern about this car is the transmission while maneuvering. most specifically when shifting from Reverse to Drive, it always makes a funny noise and you can feel that something went wrong. After a while you get used to it and if you are patient enough to wait 3 seconds it wont happen. I was really surprise that nobody reported this issue on the previous reviews. Different from what most people say about not using the back seat, I have a 19 months baby that loves to ride with the top down. Yes, space is limited but you have to keep that in mind and use a larger car on longer trips. The quality of the materials are SUPERB!! Everything is extremely easy to use and perfectly located. Driving it on back roads is an awesome and relaxing experience. The short wheelbase, powerful engine and excellent suspension makes you feel like you are driving a Formula 1. It hugs the asphalt on every curve and the feedback from the steering wheel is outstanding. This is my 2nd year with the car and I'm loving everything about it.

Great Car, Terrible Vibration
By PGHCARGUY

2016 Audi A3 2.0 TDI Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

This is a fantastic car with a fatal flaw: vibration. I'm not talking about the normal "small-car" road feel. (I've owned a 1-Series before, as well as a Saab 9-3 Aero). This is car-manufactured vibration. When I took the car to the dealership, I was told that 3 tires were "out of round." Audi of North America only approved replacement for 2. The car is still vibrating at an unacceptable level for a car that costs this much--or really any price above 10K. I will be calling to have it serviced again. And it's not just me. There are vibration issues with a wide-array of A-3's that include various types and in various nations (US, UK, etc.). Check out: http://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a3-12/2015-a3-limo-noise-vibration-214549/page4/ The build quality in this car is simply poor. How you ship a car with 3 defective tires and replace only 2 is beyond me. Makes me wonder what else is off that could be causing the vibration. The car is otherwise great: great steering, good acceleration, great MMI system, nice fit and finish. But I would not buy this car again, and will never buy another Audi. Going back to BMW. "Truth in Engineering" turned out to be "Lies in Engineering."

Great but Place of CD poor
By richard stevens

2016 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI Premium Plus quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

CD should be like the A5. Putting it inside the glove compartment is poor. The blind or land change light is excellent !!!! The change to your songs is poor. This too should be put in your glove compartment not in the instrument next to your hand. That part should be open to keys etc. My A5 was far better !!!