Used 2016 Acura TLX Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Acura TLX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TLX model:

Stay Away
By Robert

2016 Acura TLX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 8AM)

I bought this car brand new. Ever since I purchased the vehicle I have had issues that Acura refused to fix.. started with having to replace multiple batteries, AC turning off randomly. The door locks not working. Stay away from this vehicle.

Premium car?????
By Jim

2016 Acura TLX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

This is not a premium car experience. The dealership previously gave me a decent deal on a used car and I was treated fairly, so I decided to try their product. The car they told me was there was "sold" as I drove there. This was a new group of employees (common practice). I had to unnecessarily negotiate for hours to get close to where I wanted to be on another one. Test drove the four cylinder and it was noisy, buzzy, and slow. The car with the V6 is a good highway cruiser. Pretty smooth and powerful with the V6 on the highway. Has some road/wind noise. Car handles OK. Transmission is jerky around town. The ergonomics and electronics interface are a nightmare. You have to do numerous screen functions just to turn on seat heaters. Takes your eyes off the road. Banged my shin every other time I got in the car. The seats are not very comfortable. Ride is OK. We were so disappointed with the car we traded after 9 months. Not a premium car experience (did I say that already?). We previously had a Ford SUV and liked it. We bought a loaded Ford Fusion Titanium 2.0 Turbo. Better acceleration, smoother transmission, better seats, much better ergonomics, much better Sony stereo, better controls and sync3 interface. Better rebound characteristics over bumps, same amount road noise, same handling characteristics, more room, bigger trunk, very quite with less wind noise on freeway. All this much better car and with rebates and discounts it was $10,000.00 less than the "premium" Acura TLX. Would not buy again.

Last Acura for Me
By Former Acura Lover

2016 Acura TLX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

First of all, I had little choice in leasing a new TLX as i was not allowed to purchase my 2013 TL. Because of the Takata airbag recall, and the lack of supply of airbags, I wasn't allowed to purchase the TL at the end of the lease. The only way out was to lease a new TLX. Anyways, this call is anything but exciting to drive. From a dead start it is clear that there is too much HP for a front end drive. The driving of the car is anything less than thrilling. I love the interior, and the stereo system. Excellent sound. The interior is very nice as well. No complaints. There is an issue, however, when starting the call and placing it into drive (or sport mode, etc), upon pressing the gas pedal the car literally does not move for a few seconds...almost as if there is no gas getting to the engine. I discussed this with my local Acura dealer (where I purchased the car) and they are aware of these complaints. There is nothing they can do as it is said to be a computer flaw. All in all, this will definitely be my last Acura. This is my 3rd Acura. Loved my 2004 TL. 2013 TL was OK. This car, never again. I'm moving onto Lexus. Sad, but Acura has really done everything in their power to destroy their brand. They know, and everyone else knows it. Just read about it online.

Great Car!
By Joaquim Tavares

2016 Acura TLX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 8AM)

Typical Acura quality... so far I'm very happy.

fun to drive
By alan

2016 Acura TLX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 8AM)

love the ride and how quiet the cabin is. handling is great as well as acceleration.