Used 2015 Acura TLX Consumer Reviews - 89 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Acura TLX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TLX model:

2015 ACURA TLX SH AWD
By G Norris

2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD w/Advance Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

A Honda Accord EX with a few upgrades not a big upgrade for the price differential. I have had a few interior issues in fit and finish that are disappointing and a front passenger seat that shakes, rattles from the time the car was brand new. The lack of front sensors makes it difficult to "see" the front end of the car because there is a blind spot looking over the hood. Parking straight in you can hit a high curb and damage your front bumper easily. Camera for the rear eliminates this issue when backing in or backing up. Dashboard has a visible space where the GPS screen sits because the trim does not fit properly, this is unbelievable for an Acura as this is a design failure and this should never have gotten out of the assembly area. No way to fix not considered a warranty item. The dealer advised at 1000 miles the rear differential fluid was to be changed to maintain the factory warranty on the AWD this was $300! Basically a hidden up charge as this was never discussed at the time of discussing maintenance on the car when being sold. Obviously this was deliberately hidden from the consumer also this seems unlike Acura, probably the dealer not the manufacturer. I expected more of a MSRP $42,000 automobile. Would not buy another.

So much value built into the Base Model Acura TLX!
By JungleDaddyV

2015 Acura TLX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 8AM)

You get so much bang for your buck in the TLX. Super sexy styling in my opinion - the car is beautiful, especially in the Bellanova White I had with Chocolate interior... I added 20" rims which made it much much cooler. Summer tires for the 20" rims and I got snow tires for the OEM wheels and the Chicago winters. I also have a 5yr old and 10yr old (at the end of my lease) and they were able to fit in the back without any issues in their car seats. We already had a full size SUV so it was nice to be able to get a sedan as the 2nd family car. I enjoyed the car and would have bought it, but the buy out price was pretty ridiculous considering I could buy the same car with the Technology package for less than what they were asking for. In the end, I think it's a great car for the price, but I leased and the value wasn't good enough for me to buy it outright after my lease. I went elsewhere.

Why Doesn't Everyone Drive This Car ?
By Anita Aubin

2015 Acura TLX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

I bought this car almost four years ago. Since that time I have enjoyed every moment on the road. My husband loves to take it on every curvy road he can find and we both are amazed at the mileage we get on our long road trips, 38 mpg on highway. Can't understand why everyone doesn't own one. I think the reason is they haven't yet had the pleasure of driving one. Don't believe everything you read in Consumer Reports, this is a sports car in a sedate sedan!

Great car only one draw back
By Bob Boyer

2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Runs fast, smooth and handles bad weather great due to the awful and 6 cylinder. Only bad point is the auto stop feature that turns off the engine at stop lights. Don’t always work and a pain in the butt. Can’t disable but it has a manual off button that u have to use each time.

A Dream to Drive
By anitabeth1964

2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

TYou simply can't go wrong with Acura! The TLX with AWD is a dream to drive. This car is sleek and beautiful, handles extremely well as it hugs the road. Great power to accelerate as needed. Amazing sound system. This car holds it's value!