2018 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

Return
By Greg

2018 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I owned a "92 Acura Legend with a five speed for 17 years. I never had a fined road car, even with 200,000 miles. This one has the same quality firm ride feel. Looking forward to a great amount of road time after being away from Acura's for 11 years.

Best vehicle ever own
By Tony Lee

2018 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just traded in my 2014 CRV for a 2018 RDX Basic AWD. I love this car because it had the same simple controls as my CRV. I beat myself for not buying this sooner. I didn't like the 2018 CRV because of the Turbo & SVT, I couldn't careless about MPG. nor premium fuel. I test drove but didn't like the following on the 2019 RDX : Turbo, SVT, nice looking console and interior, but complicated entertainment controls. I do wish I have SH-AWD on the 2018 (Another one of those MPG related item from Honda Corporate philosphy). My 2018 RDX has plenty of power, comfortable seats and firm ride, best headlights, excellent brake, air conditioning, .good AWD in snow. I drive my RDX with confidence and not worry about a steep hill. The only thing I didn't like were the useless pedal shifters and the small gas tank.

2018 RDX TECH PACKAGE
By Bill Kramer

2018 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought the car for my wife’s daily driving and long trips. We compared the 2018 RDX with the tech package to a 2019 RDX with tech package, CRV, RAV4, and an Audi. While the 2018 doesn’t have all of the bells and whistles, i.e. Apple play. It had more than enough. The 6 cylinder normally aspirated engine with the 6 speed tranny are more than adequate. It’s quick and handles great. We especially like the the split screens. We have NAV and music choices going on separate screens and don’t find them distracting at all. Oh and did I mention it was about 10,000 + dollars cheaper than the Audi, BMW, or the 2019 RDX. All in all great value and great fun to drive.

Great Ride
By Jim from St.Paul

2018 Acura RDX Advance Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a wonderful SUV. The exterior is beautiful and the interior is very well appointed. As someone who has always driven sedans and wagons, the RDX is a really firm ride... and this has taken some getting used to. You will want to take a long test drive and make sure the bumps on city streets is something you can deal with.

The upgraded audio is the best I've ever had. The V-6 is smooth and responsive. The seats are firm but comfortable and can be adjusted into any conceivable configuration. The advance package has almost every bell and whistle you could want.

We looked at the Lexus RX350, the Lexus NX, and the 2019 RDX. This is far and away the best value of the group, and we are very blessed to own this car.

Nickel and dime you
By Rtn

2018 Acura RDX AcuraWatch Plus Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Poorly designed vehicle a Frankencar. GPS sucks, Infocenter sucks, design sucks, A/C sucks. Every place possible will catch pine needles and debris to encourage rust. Engine & chassis great, everything around these two aspects suck.