Used 2001 Acura CL Consumer Reviews

Used CL for Sale
Select your model:
12345...25

Pros
Cons

Like a old pair of worn out boots

B.C, 11/16/2015
3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

2001 CL type-S Aesthetically it is terrible. The clear coat is really thin so the paints fades in spots and on the edges. The fake "wood" trim peels off everywhere in the interior. The interior hardware is really sturdy other than the trim and the cover for the front cup holders. The tranny had issues with the torque converter which was a recall but Honda took care of that. The trainsmission slipped rarely for a few years after that but works ok 7 years later. The Engine is a diamond. It won't die on me even though I wanted it too so the wife would let me get a new car. I really don't treat the engine the respect it deserves. The O2 sensors quit on me 8 years ago and I use nothing but regular gas. Oil change 3 to 4 times a year with regular oil. The car runs rich due to my negligence but passes emissions every time. I get between 16.8 and 17.2 mpg city driving. My assessment...the car is like a pair of old work boots that gets uglier in time but won't wear out. It's dependable

I LOVE THIS CAR!!

vip, 11/07/2008

I have this ac for about 4 years now. Bought it 16K now has 100 K +. I am telling you, I still look forward to getting in this car and drive to work. Absolute fun car to drive. Still drive brand new. I think it can easily run an another 100k without any issues. A++

hot rod with class

coolyma, 01/10/2004

i only want to say it is hot rod with class

She's A Beauty BUT Transmission Issues GALORE!

pr_diva2012, 08/03/2012

I purchased this vehicle in 2005 certified pre-owned from an Acura dealership in NJ with less then 40K miles... she lasted me up until a couple days ago (currently 222k miles.) The car is a great ride and it went the distance but the only thing is that I had problems with the transmission... I had to replace the original transmission in 2008 (which was a doozy) and just a couple days ago, my maintenance required light came on... went to go check it out and ofcourse the trans is on it's way out. This is my 2nd owned Acura... I am going to bid farewell to Acura and go to the Lexus side of the street.

acura-cl type s

dmatch01, 04/14/2002

great car. lots of complements from friends and strangers.

12345...25