Used 2001 Acura CL Consumer Reviews

Used CL for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...25

Pros
Cons
3 out of 5 stars

Like a old pair of worn out boots

B.C, 11/16/2015
3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

2001 CL type-S Aesthetically it is terrible. The clear coat is really thin so the paints fades in spots and on the edges. The fake "wood" trim peels off everywhere in the interior. The interior hardware is really sturdy other than the trim and the cover for the front cup holders. The tranny had issues with the torque converter which was a recall but Honda took care of that. The trainsmission slipped rarely for a few years after that but works ok 7 years later. The Engine is a diamond. It won't die on me even though I wanted it too so the wife would let me get a new car. I really don't treat the engine the respect it deserves. The O2 sensors quit on me 8 years ago and I use nothing but regular gas. Oil change 3 to 4 times a year with regular oil. The car runs rich due to my negligence but passes emissions every time. I get between 16.8 and 17.2 mpg city driving. My assessment...the car is like a pair of old work boots that gets uglier in time but won't wear out. It's dependable

2 out of 5 stars

4.88 out of 5 stars

I LOVE THIS CAR!!

vip, 11/07/2008
3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have this ac for about 4 years now. Bought it 16K now has 100 K +. I am telling you, I still look forward to getting in this car and drive to work. Absolute fun car to drive. Still drive brand new. I think it can easily run an another 100k without any issues. A++

5 out of 5 stars

'01 Acura at 15K

Lou Greenzweig, 07/28/2002
3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is a fantastic, reliable auto. I've only done normal maintenance in the 15K I've owned it. Handles extremely well, does 0-60 in 6.5 secs., gets 27 - 30 mpg on the road and is a pleasure on long trips. Hold two sets of golf clubs plus some luggage in the trunk. It certainly holds the road in wet and dry weather.

5 out of 5 stars

This car is great!

LOveSpeed, 10/24/2002
3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is great, I have had for over two years and only had one small problem. The electric seat memory gave out and was replaced very quickly. This car is really fast and I love the speed that I am getting. The gas mileage is running around 29mpg on the highway. The only other small issue is the rims and how easily they get scratched. Would recommend this car to anyone and everyone!

4.88 out of 5 stars

hot rod with class

coolyma, 01/10/2004
3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

i only want to say it is hot rod with class

12345...25