Used 2001 Acura CL Consumer Reviews

Used CL for Sale
Select your model:
12345...25

Pros
Cons

For My Money-Unbeatable

Paul, 09/02/2008

Acura may not have won over the hardcore luxury sports car owners, but this car is amazing for the price. You're given a standard 3.2 liter with 225 horsepower and I get about 24 mpg average. On the highway it can reach 30 mpg. The car is already loaded (no options): 6 disc CD changer, heated seats, dual power seats, TCS, 4 wheel ABS disc brakes, auto-manual 5 speed trans., auto climate control, power sunroof. All this for under $33k. The 225 horsepower engine delivers a brilliant tone and is pretty quick. The styling is a large improvement from the older model as well. The interior is so easy to navigate too. The seats are comfortable and leather clad.

Until Now

ladyveee, 12/20/2012
3.2 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my 2001 3.2 CL since 2004. That's right she's 11 years old and has been so good to me as I have been to her. Last week I had an interesting experience that I've never had before. She putted 3 times while in traffic and just died. It wasn't the battery and 30 minutes later she started up and the problem has not reocurred. She has been with mechanic for approximately a week and they can't find anything wrong. Mechanic has been driving her to and from work to see what happens. If mechanic can not find the issue, I may have to consider replacing her, I drive too often and late at night and am afraid of getting stranded or worse. Up to this point she has been reliable. I love her but

my Ricer

redplanetlover, 08/16/2014

I bought my 2001 CL 3.2 Type S around Christmas in 2006 and as of now I have replaced the alternator and the power steering pump. That's it! I did it in my garage for a couple hundred bucks all in. I have had NO problems with the transmission at all and I am at 165000 K right now. I think the transmission problems are from people who shift manually and I rarely do that. The computer does a better job than my ears can. What can I say? I have thought about replacing her but every car I test drive is no quicker and most don't have the handling of my Type S. I have found that to show an improvement I would have to spend $50,000 and why bother? If you can find one, buy it and smile.

Great Car!

T, 09/11/2008

Man I love this car. I've had it going on 5 yrs, and currently have 218+k miles. This car just keeps going, I've only had to do some reg. maintenance and 2 sets of tires, of course from the mileage ware. I have to say the comfort in the room and seats are great If I rent, or borrow another car, I cant wait to get back in mine. My only cons would be the exterior road noise, and the trans. is a bit sensitive and needs freq. monitoring, but thats any Honda.

Amazing

Sebastian, 12/17/2009

I have 254,681 miles on my CL and it runs like a dream! I bought it used in 2004 and it had just around 100,000 miles on it then. I'm not sure what the guy before me did to it in respect to repairs and such but I have not had one problem with the engine since I have had it. I replaced a bearing once and have had some trouble with the electrical... my volume turns up when I turn it down sometimes haha, but it's still an amazing car. The stereo is sick! I love the car.

12345...25