2004 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
32,000 miles
By Bodie on 10/13/06 18:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Over 2 years ownership now-premium and sport packages. Pros: very comfortable seats, doesn't look like everything else on the road, reliability, decent performance. cons: turning radius is terrible (my 2005 tacoma double cab is easier to park than the volvo) glove compartment rattles on bumps, road noise. Overall I can't complain, my wife likes her ride, and have had no mechanical issues yet. I enjoy the sport shift when I drive it. I still would have chosen the Acura TL if it were my choice. We also tested the BMW 325, infiniti G35, Mercedes 230 and Acura TL.

Small things bother me
By VV on 09/19/06 11:13 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had my Volvo for over a year now and it's a good car, but I can't get over the radio knob for the pre-set stations, it's a pain to use. Also, there is no trunk release in the car, which means I have to use the unlock function inside the car or on the key fob. Also, there is no where to put trash. The rear seat headrests block my vision, therefore I drive with them down and it looks stupid.

850,S70,S60 whats next?
By tmorgan4 on 09/13/06 10:25 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I've had the 850, S70 and now the S60 and this is probably the best car i've ever driven. Great on gas mileage,probably the most seductive sedan on the market and fun to drive. Pound for pound this might be the best european sedan on the market! I love everything about it, I can't even imagine what the next generation s60 will be like.

Overall Impressions
By Ed Mytych on 03/24/05 15:37 PM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

First year of ownership was fantastic. No problems at all to report. At times the frequency of the automatic wipers seemed to be inappropriate for the conditions. Really enjoy the ride and handling!

Best Swedish car out there!
By s60smycar on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I absolutely love my new S60 T5! The seats are superb and the ergonomics are great. Plus, there's very few turbo lag!!!

third S60
By Bob-a-loo on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I'm driving my third S60, the first one was total by a rear end collision, car hit me was doing over 100mph according to police...my car was totaled, but I was unhurt....My newest S seems to better on gas than before I average 25mpg overall driving. Comfortable front seats are my favorite feature...MY last S60 went 65000 miles without any repairs....great car

S60 T5 is great on highways
By volvo_md on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

We also considered competitors with manual tranny: BMW 330, Acura TSX, Saab 9-3 vector, Lexus IS300. Quite happy with s60t5's looks, acceleration, handling and stability at high speeds, and comfort. Main grouses: wide turning radius; a little ponderous at low speeds that affects driving in stop-and- go traffic. If we had valued driving dynamics above all else we would have gone for the 330. Otherwise, T5 is a good package of performance, handling, safety and ride quality.

After one month
By Spirerock on 06/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I've had my T5 FWD since 05/01/04 and it's been everything that I expected. Road handling, fuel economy (31 road) and performance (love that turbo!) are outstanding. You need to get used to the bit of understeer that is purposefully built into the car. It makes for great road handling, but is initially a bit awkward when parking in close spaces.

Perfect car and beats every 325i match
By Expat-happy-with-T5 on 02/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I ordered my Volvo in the summer of 2002 as an Expat living in London, England and had it delivered to my home in Seattle. It is a great car and the service I received direct from the factory was out standing. I wish I could say the same about the dealership in Seattle. I recommend this car to every one I meet. I am currently working in Japan and miss my T5.

very good
By mobada on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I love the car over my 2000S40. Bigger, more responsive, roomier,luxurious. Car key is too big and keeps falling off key chain. Should go back to key and separate piece for alarm, etc. Bose sound system would be nice but sound system is great. Needs trunk release that opens trunk.