2008 Volkswagen R32 Consumer Review: Fuel tank defect?

2008 Volkswagen R32 - Consumer Review

Fuel tank defect?
By Robert on

2008 Volkswagen R32 2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

I have had my 2008 R32 since December 07. In February of 08 the car stalled on me at a red light, and the check engine light came on. I had to put the car in PARK to start it again. Several times after, the car hesitated on acceleration. I told my dealer about this problem and made an appointment. The car stalled on them 3 times on testing. It ended up being the fuel canister (it was soaked), and was replaced. I was given a rental car. I am now experiencing the same problem, and will be taking the car back to the dealer this week (4/18/08), for what I suspect is the same problem. Has anyone else had this problem w/ their 2008 R32? Could this be a design flaw?

Comfort and sound system. Although, I do agree with the comments about the rattling on the driver side door when the bass is turned up. The exhaust system has a nice deep sound.

Better gas mileage. Footrest should've had a "rally" plate installed, to round out the overall look of the interior.