2008 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: First Day of Driving

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Review

First Day of Driving
By Tony Maclin on

2008 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Just got the 2008 2.5 170 hp (up from 150) Jetta SE (mid-line) w/ tip. Charcoal with dark "leatherette" with optional sound system package. This is my second VW. I drove the 2007 2.5 manual, and this has substantially better performance. I did not drive the 2007 tip, but I think this runs as well as my old 2000 Passat V6/tip. I looked at the Mistu Lancer, Ford Fusion, and Hyundai Sonata. For my money, this is by far the better buy. The packaging has been changed up, and you get more as standard for the money compared to 2007. Definitely more than "A to B" tranportation. Very classy interior. Can't tell the gas mileage yet, but I will update as I know more.

Interior/dash lighting. The car is very fun to drive and responsive - not at all like my Porsche, but still pretty good. Is quiet, and there is enough room in the back for full sized 6' adults. Front seats fit amazingly well, although I am pretty lean in build.