"The little engine that could"
By Jared on
1995 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Sedan
Man what a car. This was my first car and I absolutely loved it. The car always started up for me, never had any problems, was great on gas which is really important these days. Sadly I no longer have this car due to an accident, I wish i still had that car today. I bought it with 198,000 miles but the engine actually had 112,000, this car had the digital odometers so u couldn't change the mileage. It was an automatic, which I really didn't mind, it kept me alive when i was in the accident. I was late for work and it just started raining, i was going 45 mph down hill, i was going to fast for the turn and i ended up totaling the car and i actually went to work an hour later, without a scratch!!!
Favorite Features
THE ENGINE THE ENGINE THE ENGINE, awesome 2.0 liter 4 banger, pretty peppy for a 4 cylinder too, i think it got 115 hp which was pretty good on gas. I'm a big guy and the space is amazing, i never thought i would be so comfortable in a small car like that. I averaged about 25-27,city 32-35 highway!!
Suggested Improvements
I never experienced any electrical problems, but i figured that vw are prone to electrical probs from other vw owners, but if you want a great car thats cheap on gas and fun to drive, get one of these, you won't regret it.