fun to drive
By Reggie on
2008 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
This is my first VW I have ever owned and I couldn't be more happy with it. The plaid seats look very cool in person but in picture I thought they looked pretty ugly. Horrible gas mileage when using the paddle shifters as all you want to do is drive like a maniac :). I average 24 mpg when I keep it in drive. The sunglasses holder up near the sunroof controls kept popping open during the summer if I had glasses in it. After a while I couldn't keep it closed even if I took the glasses out. Finally after weeks of twisting things in different directions it stays up. Back seats are roomy according to my coworkers but you have to pull up the front seats for there legs.
Favorite Features
Sound of engine when I accelerate. Engine is very responsive. Instant acceleration when wanting to pass someone on the highway. Love having the sunroof open as it makes driving around at night that much more fun. Interior is very Nice compared to the 06 civic I use to have.
Suggested Improvements
Ipod adapter in center console armrest leaves little room for anything else. I do like the convenience of it being there instead of the glove box though. Gas mileage - I have never gotten above 24 mph even when it has mostly been highway miles. Fix sunglasses holder.