2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific EuroVan model:
Best Van on the road today
By Greensboro NC on 01/07/09 18:25 PM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this van to replace our 93 MV with 193,000 miles. This Eurovan has been exceptionally reliable with 132,000 miles, everything works on this van virtually no problems. Only replaced tires and brake pads, 19 MPG on REG gas, By far the best van in the world bar none.Family of 5, son is 6' 2" and fits with ease. Lots of space, comfortable, fast, handles like a VW known for, great visibility, sit up high, fit and finish still like new, cloth on seats show very little wear, AC is awesome, love overhead AC vents, Has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned, wife loves it, kids love it, friends say it is cool and will ride in ours but not in minivans. I would buy again and again!

One problem after another
By slf on 11/12/07 07:41 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

We've had one problem after another with our Eurovan. Great when everything works correctly. The outside door handles have now failed twice (both front doors!). Told by VW that it's not a design flaw, out of warranty and paid nearly $800 to have them fixed only to have the driver's side fail again 6 months later. Now I can't unlock the doors with the keyless entry or hand key without them locking again immediately. Looking for a replacement vehicle now.

Useful space but very poor AC
By phil on 11/07/07 04:47 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

Very spacious inside with a nice feel to it and useful extras such as step lights for safety. However the whole vehicle is sadly spoilt by the awful AC which is totally unable to deal with the climate in the Middle East. Have 2 of these vehicles and we can't use them for 3 months of the year as it's so uncomfortable in the heat. I don't know why VW sell it in hot climates when the AC cannot cope - didn't they uprate it for this market?

Love It!
By Hossman on 10/06/07 04:34 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

Just getting into our 2003 Eurovan. It was a VW executive use here in Canada. It only has 12,000 km on it so time will tell. First impressions are, there isn't a vehicle on the market here in Canada that even comes close to this in build quality. Superb!

2003 EuroVan GLS
By BobT on 02/13/07 06:09 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

This couldn't have bought a more versatile van. It's roomy and seats seven adults very comfortably.

I Love My Eurovan...My Third!
By Scott Mastrocinque on 11/26/05 10:03 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my third Eurovan (two 1993's and this 2003) and I have loved them all, but this 2003 is my favorite. The fit and finish of this vehicle is excellent and exceeds anything else out there. It provides wonderful, balanced power. Its solid feel and excellent road manners make this van a true joy to drive. In all honesty, I looked at all of the new vans available to make sure I wasn't missing anything. True, I don't have in-seat DVD players and I couldn't care less. What I do have is SPACE, huge quantities of it and functionality galore. We have enjoyed many road trips in our Eurovans. It defines Farfegnugen! Everybody who rides in my van loves it! I've gotten 25,000 miles of trouble free operation from this one so far.

All Purpose Hauler
By the engineer on 09/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is our second Eurovan after owning a '93 for almost 100k miles. The VR6 is a wonderful engine, lots of power to tow our 26' Chris Craft, and decent mileage (~18 daily driving). All areas of the car were improved with one exception- the driving position was somehow made uncomfortable, I start to get leg cramps after half an hour. The van is much quieter than the older model, and cruising on the highway is effortless. The Michelin Enegy tires are great for comfort and handling, and they improve the fuel mileage, too. In addition to the better engine, VW added a rear stabiliser bar which improves the handling.

Accessible & Space!!
By owasippe on 12/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

Roomy second- and third-row seats, lots of headroom inside the cabin, responsive steering, capable brakes, only van door that meets ADA standards for door opening to accomodate wheelchair without modification. VW has a real gem of a disabled accessible rear cabin. Add only ramp and hold down and you are good to go with a wheelchair thanks to easy in/out of rear seat! Cons: Handling takes getting used to...especially around corners or parking, wind noise on highway similiar to early Suburbans, no driver-side sliding door or side airbags.

VW Eurovan
By jmurphegan on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

I LOVE this van! It has so much room for my family. I couldn't imagine being without it.

You Will like it
By Jm519632 on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan GLS 3dr Minivan (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

Its a fun to drive, I like to call it a bus or a truck. I own 7 dogs and they travel with us everywhere. this van is very under rated.