Luxury on a budget
By vincevw329 on
2014 Volkswagen CC Sport PZEV 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 1/14 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
Model specs and technicals are best seen at VW website so I'm dispensing with that and on the my impressions of the car. I just bought a 2014 CC sport in black for a daily commuter, 9 miles 1 way, 5 days a week and 2 roadtrips a year. This is my 3rd VW, Jetta, GTI, now CC. Buying experience was typical, they use some old tricks to get the most money for the cars and I walked out happy with a fair deal. Interior and exterior design, fit, and finish are all top shelf. Seams are close and even, textures are supple and ergonomics are well thought out. Driving is a pleasure, the ride being softer than the GTI but still very firm. Engine is very responsive and driving is very easy.
Favorite Features
There's alot to like here. Ride, style, handling, fit and finish. Sound system is nice and even my base model came with nav, rain sensor wipers (oh, which don't work that well in the snow), auto headlight, heated seats etc. Those engineers at VW always have some tricks up their sleeves like remote release rear seat fold down, a cute glovebox hideaway for your iphone, Other storage cubbies, vinyl seats that are actually nice. It's a very comfortable car that fills a niche between the top standard Asian imports and the entry level Euro imports. VW maintenance is now 2 years included, not 3. Otherwise warranty is the same. There are complaints about VW of North America but I have no experience.
Suggested Improvements
Your base CC starts at $32 and I think you're getting a fair deal but there's some things I'm really surprised that don't come on a base CC; Footwell lights.. where did those go and are they that expensive to leave them off? Backup cam, the new GLI and GTI both have it, but not the CC. Smallish touchscreen, works fine but of course bigger is better. I've heard alot about limited rear seat headroom and it's true. 6 footers are gonna feel claustrophobic but otherwise it's ok. I can say this: getting in and out of the back seat is much easier with the CC than the Nissan Maxima. My biggest gripe is the visors and mirrors, so small. Yeah but there's 3 switches to turn on the vanity light! lol
By vincef329
on 04/08/14 18:42 PM (PDT)

3 month update; Car has developed 3-5 rattles in the interior, dealer won't fix them. Heater fan screeches on startup, won't fix that either. Mini glove box cut my hand, won't fix that either. Engine vibration causes glove box rattle pulling away from a stop. Clock makes uneven clicking noise. Best headlights I've ever seems and the wipers work great. Comfortable and easy to drive.