2009 Toyota Yaris Consumer Review: Buy it for economy

2009 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Review

Buy it for economy
By John on

2009 Toyota Yaris S 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I rented a similar Yaris last summer, and got 39 mpg's. My Mazda 5 was out of warranty and I was intrigued with this little cruizer again and gave up some room and features for the economy of the Toyota Yaris S. I like the look of the S model. I miss the steering wheel controls I had on my Mazda, and the plastic in the yaris smells funny in a cheap way, but the car seems to run on vapors, and rarely needs a fill up. Fun to drive, parked next to a Mini Cooper the other day, and loved the way the S looked sitting next to a much more expensive car, great stance!

His and hers glove box, so my daughter has her own little storage space. Auto trans is flawless and smart.

Get rid of the luggage cover behind the hatch. Needs a center console that opens up for storage between the front seats. Seats are a little stiff compared to other models in the line up. Not sure about reliability yet.