Pleased but not completely satisfied
By Big Jay on
2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)
The truck has done everything I have wanted it to do. It has performed well off road, on the highway and in the snow. I have put it to work hauling and towing and it has not failed me. As discussed below, Toyota put cheap tires on the truck. I shouldn't have to replace them at 25K. One of the tires had a crack in it. The local Firestone dealer told me that they tires were to light for the truck. If do your own general maintenance such as oil changes, you will hate Toyota. Changing the oil is time consuming and difficult. See below. I think the under-seat storage bin should be standard. I recommend it. The gas mileage has been as expected: 11-14 in town and 16-18 on the highway.
Favorite Features
Love the power and control off road and in the snow. The truck has met all of my expectation. I do not regret my purchase at all.
Suggested Improvements
I replaced OEM tires at 25K. The front tire started to crack. Interior design is odd. The hanging file section in the middle console is a waste of space. Changing the oil is a royal pain. The designer of the oil filter should be fired. They are expensive and hard to change.