Pleased Tundra owner
By B. Maz on
2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
After having many chevy/gmc trucks, I was ready to get a truck I wouldn't be disappointed with. My SR5/TRD has been a pleasure to own & fun to drive. I look forward to the next time I have to drive somewhere. Having the tow package w/ 4.10 gears & the transmission oil cooler allows me to feel very confident that it's capable to handle any task the domestic trucks will do. With that in mind, the gear setting is also why I don't get good gas mileage(& I have a heavy right foot, LOVE the power). To sum things up, I wanted a smaller truck with full size capabilities & found it in the 06 Toyota TUNDRA SR5 access cab w/ TRD Off Road.
Favorite Features
My favorites are the tow pkg. & TRD pkg. They are very helpful to me when I drive on the Delaware beaches in the soft sand. I've never buried my truck, it just seems to float across the sand with ease.
Suggested Improvements
Enjoying off roading, I wish it had a little taller stance with slightly bigger tires. Too many trucks today are labeled with off road pkgs. but are more street designed. Lastly, do you really need 3 cat. converters on this truck? I feel it takes some HP away & makes for a costly repair in future