2006 Toyota Tacoma 2.7L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual 6.1 ft. Bed Consumer Review - She's a keeper! 4 cyl,

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Review

2006 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 4dr Access Cab SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

She's a keeper! 4 cyl, pre-run, access
By Big John on

2006 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 4dr Access Cab SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

My first Truck. Researched for 6 months. This truck has been really fun. I don't need 4WD or a V6. I wanted a truck to haul things with but also to get good highway mpg so I went with the 4cyl. The power has been fine since the engine is 2.7L, but only 20mpg. Sticker said I'd get 27hwy. I really wanted the Desert Sand but most dealers only had silver. Then I found a store which ordered up the Gold for me, and the build date was 2 days after I ordered! I'm 6'3", 250 and have a ton of room. My anti-truck friends admit they are impressed

Favorite Features

Height of the pre-runner. Dash layout. Number and different sizes of cupholders. "Access" area holds alot. Ultra smooth ride. Desert Sand color. solid factory radio and CD. Size of glovebox. Internal lights. Solid "feel" to the vehicle when driving...nothing rattles. Style. Window tint.

Suggested Improvements

Light for bed of truck. Seatbelt latch too tight a fit next to console... keep banging the console. Better mileage - only getting 20 vs sticker claim of 27. C'mon Toyota! Passenger side needs a step. Rides so smooth sometimes run it too high rpm in a low gear... maybe a warning light to avoid.