2002 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
2002 Tacoma
By Ron Huffman on 07/31/07 11:38 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My Tacoma is a regular cab short wheelbase 2WD with 2.4 L and automatic. It is fun to drive and very manuverable. It can haul the load when asked and gets fairly respectable gas mileage (20-24 mpg). I made several cross country trips with a loaded bed and it has performed just great.

Fun to drive
By Rizzo on 01/23/05 23:36 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I really enjoy driving this truck. I highly recomend the Tacoma truck. It drives great and is affordable. My new quad fits perfectly in the back. Good quality.

Inexpensive Workhorse
By euroeric on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This truck has done everything I've asked of it- from towing over 4000 lbs to hauling engines to commuting to the hospital and back. An awesome truck all around, my next truck will be another Toyota (in about 15 years- at this rate this thing will last forever). It handled poorly on the stock tires in rain, but since I swapped them recently, it has improved greatly.

Tacoma - Good Solid Truck
By Hundarion on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle to do general type hauling on the weekends for gardening & home improvement work. This vehicle is well suited for these tasks. I appreciate the fine lines on the body of this truck, especially the front end. I test drove several other compact trucks and felt the tacoma gave the best ride. The truck handles well with adequate power for a 4 cylinder. I do experience the whistle in my A/C that some other reviewers have complained about but no other complaints. This is the 3rd Toyota vehicle I have owned and I hope my Tacoma provides the same reliability and problem free performance as my previous two vehicles.

Love Toyotas
By 3rdToyotaBought on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great truck....paid 12600 for the truck...for the money i gained a lot of truck and reliability..new truck