2012 Toyota Sienna Consumer Review: Very impressed with 2012 Sienn

2012 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Review

LE 8-Passenger Passenger Minivan (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Very impressed with 2012 Sienna LE 8-psg V6
By bigedmundsfan on

2012 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

When my Odyssey died (transmission problem) I've decided to test drive a Sienna. Love it and bought it, and two weeks later I do not regret the decision (options: towing prep, floor mats, anti-theft.) The drive (handling and ease of turns) is excellent which is what I have not expected. The seats are very roomy and even the second-row middle-seat is fairly comfortable, the third-row bench's ability to recline is a nice touch. Ride is so comfortable that you don't feel like you're driving at a high speed so if you are a speedster, keep an eye on your speedometer. Acceleration is decent for a minivan and overall I would say it really up its game to rival Honda Odyssey.

Power windows for second-row pax. Window shades built-in for second-row pax. Third row bench reclines. Second-row seats can slide forward and backward. Good number of cup holders, and plenty of space to store your stuff.

The biggest concern I have, and all family with children should note, is that the suppose safety-feature of power sliding doors are not that safe in my opinion. When you buy the car the salesman will make it seem like the door immediately slides backwards when it hit any obstacle (such as your child.) I personally did a test and was shock to find that if I just stand there and not apply a good force to push against the sliding door, the door keep sliding to a close taking me for a ride! Keep in mind I'm a healthy 220 pounds that work-out regularly. If the door hits me and kept going, I can't imagine what it will do to my kids should they accidentally be in this situation. Improve it!