2013 Toyota RAV4 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Good and the Bad

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Review

2013 Toyota RAV4 LE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Good and the Bad
By virga_studios on

2013 Toyota RAV4 LE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Overall this car is very nice. I was previously an owner of a 2006 Honda CRV. When I compared the two in the 2013 models the Rav4 won out. However, after owing the car for a couple weeks I have some issues that I don't like about the design. First the low beam headlights are horrible. They are the worst of any car I have ever driven. There is a line across the lights that makes it so when I am driving I can't see very far up the road. It is fine with the high beams but you can't run those all of the time. I hate the rear pass' windows. They are small and they slope up toward the back blocking visibility making a blind spot. The rear window does not open so you can't haul anything.

Favorite Features

I back up camera it is situated way better than the 2013 Honda CRV. I like the way the rear seats fold down making a flat surface. I like the econo mode. The vehicle handles well and is very quiet compared to my 2006 CRV. The Bluetooth feature and Audio system are great. I like that the rear hatch opens up instead of to the side.

Suggested Improvements

The low beam headlights are horrible. They need to have a softer look and not a hard line. The rear passengers windows need to be larger. The rear window should open for hauling long objects. This is a Sport Utility Vehicle. The back window should be larger for more visibility. There should be more cigarette lighters sockets. At least two in front and at least one in the rear passenger compartment. The car manual should tell you how to adjust the headlights. More cup holders would be nice. The window buttons should be lighter to see in the dark.
By zooks64
on 09/19/13 05:54 AM (PDT)

I agree with your comment about the headlights. I had my dealer raise them as much as they could. Better now but probably not as high as I would like.