2010 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Review: awesome car, glad I got v6 and

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Review

awesome car, glad I got v6 and 4x4
By jtreeclimber on

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are a toyota family, going back to 1966 and my dad's 67 Corona. I couldn't decide between the forester, rav4 and the honda crv. What convinced me to get my rav4 was that it was the only one with a v6. We just drove our rav4 to Palm Springs, California and back, from Tacoma. We had 4 people and at least 500 pounds of climbing gear both inside the car, and on top of the rack. We averaged around 21 to 23 miles a gallon to LA and back. The car has a ton of power, and can cruise at 80 all day, even uphill and loaded down. With nokian happelita studded tires it is a tiger in the snow. 6000 on the odometer and perfect so far. You can sleep stretched out in the back. Best car I've ever had.

storage room! It's bigger inside than it looks. The rack on top will accept a plywood board, to add lots more stuff tied down. Love the v6, wish it was easier to find them without the 4x4, but that is handy in snow. It's super nice to have power with a heavy load. Outside temp readout is sweet. The swing sideways backdoor is cool, though I miss the awning effect in rain. The car looks sweet, great design. Did I mention I like the big engine? I would gladly trade the few miles per gallon for the amazing driving performance of this thing. Fun to drive! The fit and finish is very tight, outside and in.

stick shift. Padded elbow rests in the doors. Make the front of the car bigger so the engine isn't so cramped, I'd hate to have to work on this car....the v6 is really packed in there tightly. Because of the lack of rain gutters, and better door seal rubber, the rain drips right onto the seat when the doors are open. I think it is because the car is narrower at the top, so the rain runs off the roof, and onto the seat when doors are open. Not a deal breaker, but kinda' dumb. Harder rubber, or even steel on the back bumper stand plate. Standing on it scratched the heck out of it. More comfortable head rests.