Smooth Hwy, Little Rough Local Part 3
By sy on
2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
Follow up to my 10/21/08 review. Hesitation while accelerating is still there, just had to get used to it. Sometimes still annoying when you need to give it some gas, the vehicle doesn't move right away. I'm not convinced it's torque steer. I'm back to premium gas to see if helps, not it. Still don't think it's the trans. Dealer says it's, "manufacturer computer programmed". I guess it's better than it accelerating by itself. Look for VVT-I Oil Hose Replacement recall. Enter VIN on Toyota website to find out about yours. All in all, it still drives well, though. The styling hasn't changed much on the RAV4s, so I feel it was a good choice made then. Recently got asked if it was 2009 or 2010.
Favorite Features
The exterior design virtually unchanged the last couple of years. Roomy back seat and good cargo room in back. Will still buy Toyota/Lexus if built in Japan.
Suggested Improvements
Visor starting to squeak. Ability to reset to tire pressure warning light. It comes on every season change. Hinges and door jambs hold a lot of water, especially the rear swing out door. Have a feeling rust will start to surface there first. Need to improve water run-off.