Used 1992 Toyota Paseo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Toyota Paseo - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (44 reviews )

Amazing Car & Value
By jeffmich

1992 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

Bought my '92 Paseo 3 years ago for $550. I now have over 340K miles on it and it's going strong. It looks great, is fun to drive, and I get over 40 mpg. It's required maintenance (tires, brakes, shocks, spark plugs, etc) but no major repairs. It's currently 23 years old and I see no end in sight.

The simplicity of the design is the greatest feature, you don't have alot of extra stuff you don't need. It's everything you want and looks sharp. It's just plain fun to drive.

The rear seat head room is too low but you sort of expect it in a car of this nature.

Great MPG / Value
By tommadison

1992 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

Cheap to repair/insure/put gas in. If you drive under 10k miles a year this is a great car. I have driven across country x2 in it (for new jobs) and have had no issues with it. Bought at 115k miles now at 150k and only had to replace the brakes/tires,

no one can fit in back....so you dont have to drive people around

Perfect first car
By toritown

1992 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

I bought my 1992 Toyota Paseo 6 months ago at the end of my sophomore year of high school and as a 16 year-old I was pretty nervous about this purchase. I soon fell in love with this car because of its color, cute style, and of course because it's a standard! I bought the car with 165,000 miles and have had only two problems with it (in the course of 3,000 m): the gas peddle became partially detached and only worked when depressed halfway (peddle to the metal), my mother was able to fix this by adjusting the bolt; and the alternator belt needed replacing (which oddly set off the brake light). I get between 31mpg town and 44 highway, which I love. I find this car perfect for me.

Great gas mileage (31-44mpg), good turning radius, cute design, sun roof, crank-windows, enthusiastic trunk.

The back seat was unfortunately designed for children for the country of origin of the car; all my friends love my car, as long as they sit in the front seat. The oil filter is at an awkward spot. The levels of the engine fluids are hard to read. The seat belts are a bit sticky, and although I love the spaceship like, dual action belts, they are confusing.

coolness
By sjm11

1992 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

My uncle gave me his car which is toyota paseo '92. At first, I found it really cool. I like the features and style. Good thing I know how to drive stick shift so my uncle gave me the title of the car as a gift. It's my first car ever. I love the performance though there some few problems with it,. but I never turned me down yet. A friend of mine who has a car shop told me that it won't last for a week when we heard the harsh sound from the engine. And now, it was like 8 months and it's still running. From this car, I learned how to troubleshoot some failures such as checking fuses and changing batteries. I would never exchange this car. I will make it look more cool.. ^_^

I changed my stereo 'coz I wanted some cd player. The problem was, when I changed it, the audio won't work anymore. I figured out that I might need new speakers. Would you recommend me where to get cheaper speakers for my car? I'm from Seattle, WA. [violative content deleted]

1992 Paseo parts VS Tercel
By madlr

1992 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

Hello ! Just found a decent 1992 Paseo for 400$ yesterday ! I'm super happy ! These cars are cool, cheap on gas and fun.

Big Sunroof, runs great, reliable, cheap on gas.

Would anybody know the compatible (or uncompatible) parts between 1992 Paseo and a same year Tercel or similar model car depending how they called it in your country ? A scrap yard told me that Paseos don't have the same parts as it's Tercel sister... I would be suprised... Thanks Marc from Montreal, Canada