2012 Toyota Highlander Consumer Review: Highlander I4 base

2012 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Review

Highlander I4 base
By pady on

2012 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I bought new Highlander I4 for more than a week. Drive is smooth and quiet. I think it has enough power from start and good gas mileage. First trip average is 27.7mpg/gal highway. If you drive both I4 and V6, you can see the different in acceleration, but if you not plan to race, you will be fine. Overall I am happy with it.

Ok over all

Less horse power compare to other manufacture in term of engine size. Need more power.
By westhouston
on 08/03/12 05:59 AM (PDT)

Updated. After three months of ownership, I like my car more. It has good power, good gas mileage. Like someone mention before. It give me gas mileage similar to hybrid model. 27-28 miles/gallon.

By rma581
on 08/18/12 10:11 AM (PDT)

I have 17,400 miles on my 2011 highlander and I'm still getting close to 28.5 mpg all highway (doing 70mph or less) & 24-25 mixed cty/hy driving. I'm not sure why the EPA for 2011 & newer models has their highway ratings dropped from 27 to 25

By bigdave5
on 04/20/13 05:50 AM (PDT)

I, too, purchased the 2012 Inline 4 2.7L model. I absolutely love it. It averages about 23/24 around town. It has averaged 26mpg/highway going around 75-80mph. Agreed, the power is enough. Of course the V-6 engine has quicker acceleration (good if you live in mountainous/snowy areas, etc.), but I live in FL where everything is flat and I'm not looking to race anyone. This is the best vehicle I've ever owned. I've had mine for nearly two years and have 27,500 miles on it and it's doing GREAT. LOVE IT.